General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cbrforum, convince me not to go straight pipe

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 11:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Cbrforum, convince me not to go straight pipe

ORIGINAL: Showtime_III

ORIGINAL: jutsin

f4i is not 'detuned' as far as I know, otherwise everyone and their mother would be having them remapped.

600r is not a 'detuned' version of the r6 either, they are different engines, r6 motor has a bigger bore/smaller stroke so it can rev higher, while keeping the displacement the same, as well as higher compression pistons.

And I have no idea what rpm you have to keep it at, I would imagine it would hurt performance all the way to redline, but either way revving the **** out of it wouldn't help you when leaving stop lights, and probably wouldn't be too good on the bike.

If you are dead set on straight pipes then go for it, it's your bike, but you asked us to convince you not to go straight pipe so that's what I'm trying to do. Personally even if it didn't hurt performance I don't like obnoxiously loud bikes, but if you do then go with whatever floats your boat I guess.
i know you are just trying to convince me, and you guys are doing a good job at it. i just had my heart set of getting the straight pipe sound. and they dont make motogp style slips on for the f4i
yes The F4/i was the dog to beat in its day, then the 600RR took its place.

but straight pipes are only really good on dragsters and thats the only place they will really make power is in the top end of the rpm range. Why do harleys have them then you may be thinking?? V-Twins have a ton more torque n bottom end than a I4, so they can afford to loose some for the sake of sound n appearance.

I've heard straight pipes on I4's, sounded like shyt. Heard the M4 on a GSX-R100K7 and it sound good but was WAY too loud. So it really comes down to what you want ans are will to deal with.

Old 11-06-2008, 11:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: PlayfulGod

f4i is not 'detuned' as far as I know, otherwise everyone and their mother would be having them remapped.

600r is not a 'detuned' version of the r6 either, they are different engines, r6 motor has a bigger bore/smaller stroke so it can rev higher, while keeping the displacement the same, as well as higher compression pistons.

And I have no idea what rpm you have to keep it at, I would imagine it would hurt performance all the way to redline, but either way revving the **** out of it wouldn't help you when leaving stop lights, and probably wouldn't be too good on the bike.

If you are dead set on straight pipes then go for it, it's your bike, but you asked us to convince you not to go straight pipe so that's what I'm trying to do. Personally even if it didn't hurt performance I don't like obnoxiously loud bikes, but if you do then go with whatever floats your boat I guess.
i know you are just trying to convince me, and you guys are doing a good job at it. i just had my heart set of getting the straight pipe sound. and they dont make motogp style slips on for the f4i

but straight pipes are only really good on dragsters and thats the only place they will really make power is in the top end of the rpm range. Why do harleys have them then you may be thinking?? V-Twins have a ton more torque n bottom end than a I4, so they can afford to loose some for the sake of sound n appearance.

I've heard straight pipes on I4's, sounded like shyt. Heard the M4 on a GSX-R100K7 and it sound good but was WAY too loud. So it really comes down to what you want ans are will to deal with.
so whats the difference between the the 02 f4i's and current f4is

and whats the difference between the 02 f4i and the 03 rr's?

because it was my understandings that the 02 f4is was the top dog 600.

and then the rr came, and honda made that the ss, and detuned the f4i

Old 11-07-2008, 12:17 AM

No.. the RR is a whole new beast. Perhaps you should go find an 02 and 03 F4i and ride them, then take an 03-04 RR for a spin. Get back to us.

Old 11-07-2008, 12:22 AM

ORIGINAL: ta8218

No.. the RR is a whole new beast. Perhaps you should go find an 02 and 03 F4i and ride them, then take an 03-04 RR for a spin. Get back to us.
i rode with an 05 banana seat f4i and beat the the **** out of him. and that guy is a more experienced rider

Old 11-07-2008, 12:24 AM

ORIGINAL: ta8218

+1 The 04 - 06 f4i had the banana seat like the 99 - 00 F4 had. It wasnt detuned unless EPA regs require it, a 02 sensor and a cat was added in 05 n 06 I think, but it only lost 1 or 2hp if any at all. Like I and ta8218 stated the 600RR is a completely different beast all together. the only interchangable parts are teh front calipers I believe. And thats only up to like 06. In 07 a completely new bike was released again n is the current platform in use.

Old 11-07-2008, 12:26 AM

i rode with an 05 banana seat f4i and beat the the **** out of him. and that guy is a more experienced rider
your F4i must have a few things done to it then. Or he wasnt as good a rider as you thought one lol.

Old 11-07-2008, 07:14 AM

they dont make motogp style slips on for the f4i
Try this before you go straight pipe: https://cbrforum.com/m_675838/tm.htm
Unless your lookin to go to the track with this bike, keep it quiet cause one loud *** bike makes the rest of us look bad, preformance or not

Old 11-07-2008, 07:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Straight pipe will impress all your high school friends and thats a bonus!!!!

Old 11-07-2008, 07:28 AM

You will deafen yurself and **** off lots of non riders with straight pipes. So if scaring the **** out of old ladies and toddlers floats your boat go for it. I don't know about where you live, but here straight pipes would draw way too much heat.

Old 11-07-2008, 09:59 AM

ORIGINAL: Northernfirepower

they dont make motogp style slips on for the f4i
Try this before you go straight pipe: https://cbrforum.com/m_675838/tm.htm
Unless your lookin to go to the track with this bike, keep it quiet cause one loud *** bike makes the rest of us look bad, preformance or not
most tracks have noise limitations too lol.

Quick Reply: Cbrforum, convince me not to go straight pipe