General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cbr600f clutch and brake levers

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 05:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cbr600f clutch and brake levers

hello

im looking at changing my levers but im not 100% sure where to look? i want the shorter levers and black and red version, and hopefully to be able to tighten the clutch cable as i have some play i the lever which can be very annoying

thanks and keep safe!

Old 07-20-2011, 07:35 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JamesCBR600f3i
hello

im looking at changing my levers but im not 100% sure where to look? i want the shorter levers and black and red version, and hopefully to be able to tighten the clutch cable as i have some play i the lever which can be very annoying

thanks and keep safe!

What year is your bike fella?

There is no such thing as an F3i, I can also see you are a fellow brit in which case honda have named our bikes entirely different to the yanks that make up the majority of this forum.

Best bet is some of the cheap CNC'd levers made in China/Hong kong that are on ebay, just make sure they fit well before you ride them - in the unlikely event that you have to force them in then don't use them.

i.e. example of bad things that can happen

Adjusting the clutch cable is one of the most basic tasks around, there is a turny bit and locknut on the clutch cable near the lever that takes out the slack, there is also a pair of locknuts that allows you to adjust it near the clutch cover on the RHS of the bike. Use the clutch cover end to do big adjustment and the lever end to do fine adjustment, you still want a bit of slack on the clutch lever or it will not fully disengage, somewhere around 15mm movement at the tip of the lever before you feel any resistance is about right.

Old 07-21-2011, 04:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you mate for all the info! its a 2003 model. that like was bloody terrible! I did adjust the clutch cable but seemed to make no difference and done to same way as you described. Ill bear in mind the fitting and be extra careful when riding, thanks for your help tho mate!

J