General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CBR 900rr issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 06:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CBR 900rr issues

I have a 1995 Cbr900rr and cant get the bike to turn over at all. Any ideas what it could be ?

Im new to working on bikes so be patient with me. Hahaha

Old 08-29-2012, 06:51 PM

Does it spin or nothing does it click please explain a little more then we can go from there.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:16 PM

Dead battery

Old 08-29-2012, 07:27 PM

Does anything come on when you turn on the key.. dash lights, headlight etc? Sounds like a dead battery but need more information

Old 08-30-2012, 05:58 PM

Ok Lets see...every thing comes on lights, gauges, neutral light...my guess its flooded because ive been told that this model floods easily. when i turn the key on everythying comes on. Its not the battery. When i go to start it it trys to start but doesnt turn over. Its not the starter. Has a brand new rectifier and fuel petcock on it. Could it be the stator?

Old 08-30-2012, 10:16 PM

Well if it floods and you filled the cylinders up it will not turn over is there gas in the oil?
Liquids will not compress well much have you pulled the plugs and checked them are they wet?

Old 08-30-2012, 11:31 PM

If it's cranking over but not starting it is probably either a lack of spark or fuel delivery issue. If it has enough power to crank the engine it's not the stator. The stator produces a/c voltage which is converted to d/c voltage by the regulator to charge the battery while the bike is running.

First things I would do is pull a plug wire out and check for spark. If you have spark it's probably a fuel delivery issue. Quick way to check for that is to spray some carb cleaner or starting fluid into the carb intakes & try to start it. If it fires you have a problem in the fuel delivery system.

Old 08-31-2012, 06:35 PM

I have a 93 cbr 900 and I had a similar issue, under my seat was wiring going to the rectifier and the wire going through a plug that was burnt and crappy looking, I cut the wire and spliced them back together and cleaned up the connections and now the bike turns over and runs fine. check the wiring under your seat!

Old 08-31-2012, 09:08 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Konvict3034
Ok Lets see...every thing comes on lights, gauges, neutral light...my guess its flooded because ive been told that this model floods easily. when i turn the key on everythying comes on. Its not the battery. When i go to start it it trys to start but doesnt turn over. Its not the starter. Has a brand new rectifier and fuel petcock on it. Could it be the stator?
It cranks but won't fire up.....let the bike sit for a day...if it's flooded. If you keep cranking it, you'll kill the battery. If you have a battery tender, hook it up, likely the battery is somewhat drain a bit from all that cranking. Let it sit a day or two then try cranking it with only choke, no throttle.

Old 08-31-2012, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Konvict3034
It doesn't turn over as in it cranks but won't fire (start) or the engine doesn't turn at all?

Quick Reply: CBR 900rr issues