General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cant get front sprocket off!!!!!!-HELP-!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 02:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: cant get front sprocket off!!!!!!-HELP-!!

Good thing you didn't listen to me about the torch idea. I kinda forgot about the seal on the shaft [&:] Glad it came off. Did you do the 520 conversion or just different size sprockets?

Old 08-18-2006, 04:07 AM

no.. thats a smaller chain so it wouldnt last as long as a 525.. i just got a 46T in back from vortex and a vortex 16T in front and i had a RK XSO race chain from ebay bran new for 80 bucks! it was at 15-45 before and i didnt like it being at 7,000 rpms on the freeway... plus ill get better gas millage at stock gearing! ill tell you what thoe, i was a happy camper when it broke lose[sm=bounceybounce.gif]I actually yelled NO F'n WAY!! cause i tried turning it the other way before and it didnt come off then so this time i really put some muscle into it!

Old 08-18-2006, 04:32 AM

15-45 and you went to a 16-46. Thats gonna give you about the same RPMS on the highway I would think. The more up in back you go, the more RPMS. and the more down you go in front the more RPMS. You should put the 16 in front and the 45 in back if you want lower RPMS.

Old 08-18-2006, 06:48 AM

All you really needed to do was go smaller on the rear sprocket, you havent gained much if anything at all by that conversion,

Old 08-18-2006, 01:01 PM

when you have a bigger sprocket up front its going to give you more top end. when its bigger its going to spin the chain fater there for giving me less rpms on the freeway! and sence there is less teeth up front 1 tooth outa 16 will give me a bigger difference the 1 tooth outa 45! you guys need to take algebra!

Old 08-18-2006, 01:09 PM

That's true ^ I have the stock sprockets on mine, 16/46 and if I remember correctly, I think it's putting out 5k rpm at 62 indicated mph. I always remember that one because it's exactly on the 5k mark.

Old 08-18-2006, 01:12 PM

dwhite645 took algebra!

Old 08-18-2006, 05:43 PM

ORIGINAL: spdrmns

when you have a bigger sprocket up front its going to give you more top end. when its bigger its going to spin the chain fater there for giving me less rpms on the freeway! and sence there is less teeth up front 1 tooth outa 16 will give me a bigger difference the 1 tooth outa 45! you guys need to take algebra!
You dont have to take algebra to know how gears work.
when you have a bigger sprocket up front, its going to give you more top end but having a smaller sprocket in back will do the same. BUT, YOU are adding more in the back and the front. Which is going to give you a little more than half of what you could have done if you would have left the back and just changed the front.
+1 front and +1 back will give you more rpms than just a +1 in front and the 45 you have on back, but do what you want its your bike.

I think you should have taken a little more time paying attention in algebra.

Old 08-18-2006, 05:52 PM

ORIGINAL: spdrmns

I took every math class my high school had available and FINISHED them before the end of my junior year. AND that includes college algebra and trigonometry (which i took my junior year.) They were college classes that I took through my high school.

So... I took algebra. What's the equation again?

Old 08-18-2006, 08:01 PM

thats great that you had all your math classes taken care of!i am going to do it myself! ok when you add 1 tooth up front you are getting a 6.25% gain. and when i add 1 tooth in back i will loose 2.174%... so it all works out that i will get a 4.076% increase on my top end!

Quick Reply: cant get front sprocket off!!!!!!-HELP-!!