General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Break problem ... please help !!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007 | 01:51 PM
Vi
Default Break problem ... please help !!!

Dear all advanced riders,

Iconsider myself as a beginner. ThereforeI need you long riding experts for an advice or any kind of help because I believe that what happened to me must have happen to someone.

FIRST - About my bike and my riding:

2006 model, 600 RR, Mileage 8000 km, bought it new in March 2007, all serviced properly. I am a normal driver, no wheelies, no track. Go fast sometimes. Weather Condition:riding in Dubai, U.A.E.,very dusty, very hotand sand all over, no rain.

SECOND - Description of my problem

It happened to me 3 time (only) since I bougth my bike.
1) Once when Iacceleratedfast and practice an emergency break (hard breaking from 100km/h to 0 )
2)Once ona highway in a normal speed (normal slowing down from 140 km/hto 100 km/h)
3)Once when I was going slowly(normal slowing down from 40 km/h to 15 km/h)

The problem is as follows:

In all the cases aboveI hit the front break and suddenly something went wrong. The "Something" seems to me that break pads were in milliseconds unevenlybreaking (touching the breakdisc) or something like that and it caused and unbelievable shake-steering for a second or two and noice (trrrrrrrrrrrrr ...).In other words to explain: If you go slowly, let say 40 km/h andtry to pressthe front break as many times as possiblewithin 2-3 seconds the same or very similar effect you get (do not hitthe brak hard that you fly over your steering of course,press it sothat you feel you break, you know what I mean?). I had to stop and was scared to continue in riding.I have no idea what caused the unbelievable shake to my steering with that noice.

My HONDA service centerhas no idea what could have been wrong, they checked the pads and the breaksnothing is wrong. They took it for a ride and all ok.

Please I am not sure if my explanation is enough for you. Ask me any questions to help you to find out what the problem is please. I am not a native English speaker and it makes the whole thing more difficult.

I hope I will find someone herewho had this problem because I neverknow when it can happen again and i get very scared.

Best regards to all of you,

Vi

Old 09-28-2007 | 03:50 PM
Default RE: Break problem ... please help !!!

Are you saying that you think that one of the brake front clappers are closing before the other one is? Say the left clap closes before the right and thats makeing your bars shake, aka tank slap? One clap gripping before the other one is not going to make a tank slapper. Sure its not anything wrong with the road? Bumps...dust/sand?

Old 09-28-2007 | 06:06 PM
Default RE: Break problem ... please help !!!

if the brakes aren't warped, i'd check the suspension.