General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake Lines

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 09:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake Lines

Hopefully I'm not dragging up old stuff here. I did a search but so much came up that I really couldn't find exactly what I was looking for.

I have 2003 954. It still has the stock brake lines which from the level goes from one line into a splitter and then to two lines (one to each front caliper). While looking through many of the pictures posted I saw one where at the lever the person had two lines attached rather than just the one. I would assume at this point each line would feed directly to its own caliper.

Is there a performance gain with this?

Do you need a special lever or just a longer bolt to hold them in (in the picture I believe the lever was NOT a stock lever that was being used)?

For those of you that have upgraded from stock lines- which brand did you go with?

Thanks for any help you all can provide.

Old 06-08-2012, 09:51 AM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

You need a longer banjo bolt and 3 crush washers (and 4 for the calipers). Most kits will come with them. There are many brands out there, and some come in colors. Look around and see what you like and what fits your budget. Dont forget that you will need to get brake fluid as well...

Old 06-08-2012, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by 74demon
You need a longer banjo bolt and 3 crush washers (and 4 for the calipers). Most kits will come with them. There are many brands out there, and some come in colors. Look around and see what you like and what fits your budget. Dont forget that you will need to get brake fluid as well...
Banjo bolt is what screws into the lever? Cush washers would go on either end of the two brake lines that fit into the lever and one in the middle of the two? The 4 that you talk of for the calipers...would that be two per caliper, one on each side of the brake line end?

Any specific brand that you have used or had friends use that you could throw in the mix. I did the search on google and there are just so many...and I haven't even tried ebay yet.

Old 06-08-2012, 02:52 PM

The banjo bolt is the special bolt that bolts the lines to the master cylinder the unit that the lever is connected to). there is one on each caliper as well. The crush washers are the seals that seal the line to them. (bolt-washer-line-washer-line-washer-master) and (bolt-washer-line-washer-caliper)x2.

galfer is good for lines.

look for new lines at cycle gear, motorcycle superstore, and bike bandit. places like that...

Last edited by 74demon; 06-08-2012 at 05:28 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 05:24 PM

Thank you very much demon.

Old 06-08-2012, 05:29 PM

You're very welcome.
This is how it is around here...riders helping their fellow riders!

Old 06-10-2012, 10:32 AM

i know that one company is Galfer. I got my HEL lines in a group buy through the forum here. They are great, I love them! we went through the company motoheaven.com

heres a link for the honda lines...HEL Performance Full Length Front Brake Line Kit Honda models : Rear Hand Brake : R1 Brake Lines : Moto-Heaven.com

you can completely modify the lines to look however you want. (line color, bajo color, and banjo bolt color.) and you can also add a matching rear line as well

Old 06-10-2012, 11:24 AM

bought some of these about a week ago for my f3.
GALFER FRONT BRAKE LINE KIT HONDA CBR 929 954 00-04 | eBay
only complaint i have is that shipping was ridiculously slow

Old 06-11-2012, 12:16 PM

I appreciate the feed back guys. I've seen Galfer around for a long time so I was leaning towards them. However, the HEL lines are looking nice and to be able to order front and rear in one go is convienent.

Now I have to decide which steering dampener to get...GPR or Scotts.

Old 06-11-2012, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by cycle.tim
I appreciate the feed back guys. I've seen Galfer around for a long time so I was leaning towards them. However, the HEL lines are looking nice and to be able to order front and rear in one go is convienent.

Now I have to decide which steering dampener to get...GPR or Scotts.
Yea, im really happy with my HEL lines. i dont know about galfer, but the HEL lines are lifetime warranty. And that even includes if there is any sun fading on ANY part of the lines!

Quick Reply: Brake Lines