General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boots

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006 | 11:20 PM
Default Boots

Hey, I'm thinking of buying some boots over easter. These are what I'm thinking. http://www.newenough.com/gaerne_shoc...boots_page.htm
I was just wondering if the boots would tuck under blue-jeans?
I'm affraid I would feel like a tool walking around in public in them.

Thanks for the info!
Logan

Old 04-14-2006 | 12:32 AM
Default RE: Boots

The black ones would probably look alright with blue jeans but not the colored ones

Old 04-14-2006 | 04:53 AM

I have the oxtar jupiter and they look awesome
they look like sneaker but with the added protection
and the sole is awesome!

Old 04-18-2006 | 04:58 AM

TB22, nice boots, call new enough, there very helpfull, or gaerne, like i did, maybe it was moto world... Dude, no one can help you about those tool feelings... if you give ahoot about what is ok/ not ok about wearing proper gear... are you pose'n? or ride'n????? The whole point is safety,and thats it. one of my 1pc suites, is blue and white, my sidi corsa's have red latches, my vertibre's sqweeek, in public.... the masses are asses, wear what keeps you safe.And be greatfull, you have brains enough, to be look'n into proper gear.To many don't. Clean and free, only smoke'n harleys!!!!!!!!!!! Ripp'n

Old 04-18-2006 | 10:21 AM

Dainese Dr Jekyll Boots from Cycle Gear [&:]

Old 04-18-2006 | 11:56 AM
Retired Administrator

You will look funny walking around in public in any race boots. They don't flex enough and aren't really made/designed to walk around in. I bought a set like shraz did and love them. Flexible and still provides more protection than normal boots.

Here's the ones I went with

Old 04-18-2006 | 06:02 PM

What brand/model boots are those? I like them.

Old 04-18-2006 | 07:34 PM
Retired Administrator

Opps... I thought I wrote that in the post. They are Vega Nitro Matrix Boots. I never tried the Vega brand because their helmets look cheap to me. But... my local shop had these and I tried them on. With a sale price and a discount I walked away paying $50 total. I've put about 500 miles on them and they are great. You can walk around in them and not even notice them.

You can see a little of it in the picture on the toe area, but the inside area and toes of the boots are carbon fiber to shield from heat.

Here's a link I found to buy them online for $60 whatever shipping is.

Old 04-18-2006 | 11:25 PM

Awesome. Hows the protection on them. I really want something wiht some good ankle protection.

Old 04-19-2006 | 12:34 AM
Retired Administrator

They completely cover my ankles, they lace up and have a flap that covers the laces so there's no chance of snagging them. They're not stiff and rigid like race boots, but I wanted something that will give so I can wear them and walk around.

Quick Reply: Boots