General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bogging

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 06:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bogging

I have been riding a 95 F3 for a few months with no issues. Last week it began bogging down for some unknown reason. It quickly died so I opted to push it home. The next day I was able to sart it but it ran sluggish and died again. I dumped some lucas injector cleaner in with some fresh gas, no improvement. Then I changed the plugs and it ran like a champ for 50 miles. Now it died again and is sluggish. The bike had NGK cr9e plugs and that is what I replaced them with. The motorcycle shop said i need the other plugs but the bike ran fine before with the others. I put nearly 1000 miles on the beast after I bought it and before it bogged. Can someone offer a suggestion please?
BDM

Old 07-15-2006, 06:20 AM
Default RE: bogging

I wouldnt change the plugs if plugs are fine ~ there is couple inspection u can do it ur self ~ lack of power , engine stall , no start all this kinda problem could be anything n everywhere .. how did u r old spark plugs looked like ? caron or oil build up ? low engine compression can cause ur bike to stall , poor gas miles , no start , lack of power .. this its kinda hard to do a compression test with out tool .. how ur bike bike's temperature when ur operating ? is it high ? low ? low engine temp could alost cause all the problems .. i hope this helps ..

Old 07-15-2006, 06:28 AM

I think I'm havin' the same kinds of problems. Let me know if you find out what it is.

Old 07-16-2006, 01:59 AM

Please give us a description of what the old plugs looked like. Also before you started to have problems how did the bike run. Any sputtering anywhere in the revs or surging. Would it rev smoothly to redline, and with no coughs. Any throttle positions that gave you problems???

Old 07-16-2006, 05:03 AM

I found the problem. The fuel pump is roasted. I took the line off that goes in and turned the gas on and it ran everywhere. Next I reconnected the same inline and disconnected the out line. Finally, I turned the ignition on and as I tried to turn it over and gave it gas nothing came out of the fuel pump. I checked the fuse and then I tested the fuel pump and after an internal examination I conclude that it is shot. I want to thank everyone for the help. I greatly appreciate it all. My next question is what year fuel pumps can I use? and are the 900rr pumps compatible? I would like to find a used one if possible. Thanks again!
Blaine