General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blinkers Not Really Blinking

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2012 | 11:15 AM
|
Default Blinkers Not Really Blinking

On my 92 600F2, the front blinkers barely work. When I turn them on they are so dim you can't even see them unless it's pitch black out. Also, each time it "blinks," all the other lights dim slightly. Sounds to me like it's a bad ground somewhere. My question is, does anyone know where I should start looking or have a good idea what it might be? I figured I would ask first before I go poking and prodding around with my circuit tester. Thanks.

Old 04-09-2012 | 01:30 PM

hi. have you checked the battery, to see if it is charging properly whilst the engine is running? If all other electrics work ok such as the horn, lights, brake lights etc, it may be a faulty indicator relay, bad connections or corroded connections on the relay or wiring. A bad earth to the frame from the battery would cause other items to not function fully, so depends on whether or not it is just the indicators that don't flash properly. I'd start with a battery and charging system check before delving into the wiring and then check the relay for the indicators next. Hope you manage to sort it!

Originally Posted by mdowney421
On my 92 600F2, the front blinkers barely work. When I turn them on they are so dim you can't even see them unless it's pitch black out. Also, each time it "blinks," all the other lights dim slightly. Sounds to me like it's a bad ground somewhere. My question is, does anyone know where I should start looking or have a good idea what it might be? I figured I would ask first before I go poking and prodding around with my circuit tester. Thanks.