General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bike wont start!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 04:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bike wont start!!!!!!!

ok I have 01 cbr f4i 600, it has never given me any problems the wholeyear that ive owned it, but yesterday i cranked it up and the bike cranked up perfectly fine. I took it to the gas station and filled it up with premium gas, but then the bike didnt start. It does try to start, the starter is working. but i the fuel pump does not charge when key and switch is engaged, and it says my brights are on, but nor my brights or my normal head lights are on now, all the lights in my controls light up fine, but the fuel pump does not charge, lights are not coming on, and the bike wont fire up. help!!!

Old 01-13-2010, 07:41 PM

man i dont know much about bikes but if its like a car id say sounds like a fuse or bad ground

Old 01-14-2010, 11:15 AM

Yeah check fuses under the seat first. Also, don't put premium in your bike, it's a waist of money and actually has adverse affects with regards to performance on a bike with standard ignition and valving.

Old 01-14-2010, 01:24 PM

ok fuses seem to be fine, any other things i should check? and what should i use regular gas?

Old 01-14-2010, 03:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check the connections to the headlight. Unplug them all and rehook them all up. (one at a time) There is a BAS (bank angle sensor...or tip sensor) that is mounted to the headlight right in the middle, and if that doesn't pass voltage the pump won't prime. You proly hit a bump or something and a connection is not making good contact now.

Old 01-14-2010, 06:27 PM

ok any other things i should check out?

Old 01-14-2010, 10:56 PM

Charge your battery to full capacity, then try starting it

Old 01-15-2010, 06:07 AM

i charged my battery and the same problem occured, took my battery in and got it checked and they said it was bad so i bought a new battery and the same thing happened

Old 01-15-2010, 07:16 AM

keep it simple at first, check the wires to yer pump, unplug and replug to ensur pump has good conection, as for yer lights actin up, a weak battery can cause weird things to happen...

Old 01-18-2010, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by bambam
keep it simple at first, check the wires to yer pump, unplug and replug to ensur pump has good conection, as for yer lights actin up, a weak battery can cause weird things to happen...
I agree with bambam, Start with the simple stuff first and then get a manual if you can't figure it out

Quick Reply: Bike wont start!!!!!!!