General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bike still giving me problems!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 10:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bike still giving me problems!!!

Okay, so I posted a bit earlier how my bike wasn't starting... Long story short, I drove it up until winter, never started it in winter and couldn't start it a couple weeks back! Now to catch up! I put the spark plugs in yesterday, got a new battery, changed the air filter and it started up yesterday!

I would let it run for a minute, but then the idle kept spiking down acting like it wanted to die, and eventually it would die. Now it won't start. I dumped the old gas out and put about two gallons of no-ethonal gas in it... I really don't think it's anything serious but something I can't quite figure out.. I thought about dumping some of that crap(whatever its called) in the gas tank to clean the fuel injectors out. I don't know what would be causing this, but if you oh so awesome-techs could help me out, that would be greatful!!!!

Thanks guys

-Rob

Last edited by Rozon; 03-08-2010 at 10:53 AM.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Non-ethanol...I haven't seen that sht in years. Seafoam is what you want to run through your bike. I also use the lucas oil fuel injection additive once a year (on all my vehicles)

Old 03-08-2010, 04:40 PM

what bike is it?

do you have a petcock valve on it?

It sounds like its just running out of gas. If the carbs are full, it will run for around a minute until the gas is used up. And, it will stall just as you described, the idle will get lower as each carb starts to run out of gas, then it will sound odd and then just die.

Of course, you mentioned fuel injectors, so that would rule that one out if your bike is fuel injected.

If you could say what bike it is, it would help others diagnosis it for ya.

Old 03-08-2010, 06:02 PM

haha sorry guys, it is fuel injected! it's a CBR 600rr 03..

Sorry about that justasquid!

Seafoam is the word I was looking for! Do I need to have the gas tank filled up inorder to put that in?

So ya.. I hope that further helps out what is going on! Thanks again guys!

-Rob

Old 03-08-2010, 06:21 PM

hey ya i agree with justasquid... it sounds like it isnt getting gas... i would maybe change the fuel filter, i know my brother changed the one on his after it was real boggy when he gave it gas changed the filter ran like brand new...maybe yours is just really clogged? hope this helps

Old 03-08-2010, 07:09 PM

Would his bike boggle alot? Ya I figured I'd mid as well change the fuel filter on it while I have the plastics off of it anyways.. I'll change that and let you guys know how it goes.. I'm still open it suggestions and ideas.. Thanks guys

-Rob

Old 03-10-2010, 12:36 PM

quick question guys! Where is the fuel filter located on my cbr honda 600 RR? haha I looked at the manual and couldn't find the fuel filter. is it named something else? I plan on buying one today so any help asap would be appreciated! Thanks again guys!

-Rob

Old 03-10-2010, 08:24 PM

hey ya he said it was real boggy and it was the fuel filter...um on my 96 F3 it is under the seat on the left side ( if you were sitting on the bike), black cylinder looking right next to the gas on, off, reserve, ****. wouldnt think they would change it but i would have no idea haha good luck Dilan

Old 03-11-2010, 02:05 AM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rozon
Where is the fuel filter located on my cbr honda 600 RR?
It doesn't have one that I know of. My 1000RR doesn't have one.

Old 03-11-2010, 02:32 AM

I believe the only filter on there is the one inside the tank. there is a screen on the fuel pump pickup that acts as the filter.

As for your issue, I wonder if you might have a problem with the Fuel Pressure Regulator. The problem that usually arises with the FPR's is they will allow too much pressure and dump too much gas in the engine, which could stall it out. I don't know of a good way to check though. I know if you pull the vaccum line off and there is gas inside the line, the FPR is bad. Im sure there is a way to test the ohm resistance of it, but Im not sure what it is.

This was a common problem on the F4i's for some time. Im not sure its a common problem with the 600RR, but it could be something to look into.

Quick Reply: Bike still giving me problems!!!