General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best place for price and service Yoshimura exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 09:31 AM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Best place for price and service Yoshimura exhaust?

So I'm in the market for a Yoshimura exhaust... After tons of watching videos and thinkin about what I want out of a pipe... I have decided that teh RS3 is my best bet. My current Micron is a tad loud for me... and it seems that the carbon fiber can is beginning to open at the seam... I just put some JB weld across the seam and one hose clamp to keep it tight (plus the hanger keeps it together).. and it should be fine.. but this is an opportunity to get something a bit quieter... I ride through mostly residential streets and stealth is great at 7am.

So I have been scouring classifieds and fleabay... and apparently to some people out there "a little rash" means that it looks like it was run over by 10 elephants or dragged across the expressway for 5 miles..... so if I do have to go new (can just use a can with my Micron inlet pipe if need be), where do you recommend I go? Although saving money is of course a priority, service has to be good..

I am really thinking of picking up a stock exhaust because you can get them pretty cheap, but then no cages would hear me... and it might be 'too' quiet..

Any recommendations appreciated.. of course if someone has a nice RS-3 slipon that they would like to sell, please let me know as well.

Thank you,
Adam

Last edited by Turbulenz; 05-15-2010 at 09:36 AM.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im not sure of the best place, since I bought mine on ebay. I would still suggest it, just buy from a store. If you buy new, they should come with the mid pipe, so Im not sure why you want to use the micron one. Also, depending on what you want to go with, the carbon fiber is more, but should deaden the sound a bit. the stainless will be a bit more raspy. Also, the TRS slip on is decent pipe. But, since you have a 600, you might just have to live with a pretty loud exhaust. Every 600 I've ever heard is always louder than a 1000. I have no idea why, buy they are.

I'm not sure how much quieter the yosh will be at 7 am though..lol. they are still pretty loud. If you want a nice exhaust that is quiet, look into ackrapovic. Very nice deep, but much quieter sound. Although, a bit pricey.

as for worry about people in cars hearing you. It's been my experience that they don't hear you until your past them anyway. When ever Im in my car, I see em before I hear em. Of course, I am use to looking in my rear view mirrors, but The noise, even from rediculously loud bikes, really isnt noticable until they are right next to you or past. I think its better to be visible than it is to try and be heard.

Old 05-16-2010, 12:59 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Loud pipe doesn't do chit. An exhaust just isn't an alert sound. It registers in a driver's mind about as much as a loud radio. And just like some over-bassed $99 Best Buy special, all it tends to do is annoy the **** out of people

If you're going new, you prolly can hit the usual suspects. Bikebandit, Revzilla, Kneedraggers. Whoever is offering the lowest price. Dunno what you mean about service tho. Haven't heard of anyone offering slip on service. Always been more of a DIY thing

Old 05-16-2010, 06:20 AM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks guys.. when I said service I mean customer service with any issues.. like backorders, shipping.. fair shipping costs... etc..

Old 05-16-2010, 08:24 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ah. In that case, if Revzilla stocks it I buy it only from them. For service, those guys are unbeatable as far as I'm concerned. When I got my tires from them, they had them in their store front the next day. Could have shipped them my house but with me working, catching UPS is a pain.

Old 05-22-2010, 06:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I searched for my 05 repsol 1000 and found a Yoshi full system on Ebay was the best price as well as the power commander also. I was able to do complete for just at about $1000