General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bazzaz performance

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 07:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bazzaz performance

anybody used that bazzaz computer or whatever it is? and can it be used with the power commander or is it the same thing?

Old 01-07-2008, 08:02 PM
Default RE: bazzaz performance

If anyone has, it's a protoype unit... The production ones are not out yet (except for some of the suzuki's).
In general terms it does the same thing as a PC3, but does it differently. And has a few more options like traction control, self mapping (no more dynos), intergal quick shifter.

Old 01-07-2008, 08:21 PM

If the self mapping works well then PC has a big problem.

Old 01-07-2008, 10:00 PM

i just seen it in a mag, but i'm pretty sure the traction control and shifting kits are all sold as seperat units i was just wondering about the ignition mod, but thanks for the replys

Old 01-08-2008, 09:17 PM

ORIGINAL: Nauree

If the self mapping works well then PC has a big problem.
Maybe Yes, Maybe no...

Bazzaz is coming out with three different versions:
Z-Fi : The base model which basicially does the same thing as the PC3, but retails @ $399 (I'm guess you'll be able to pick it up for around $375).
But with the addition of the Z-afm kit (retail $349...$325 street) the unit will continousilouly self map itself while riding. Yes you can program it too.

So figure by the time you install it & the Z-afm, you're going to be around $700. You can put a PC3 in and have a custom map done for around $500 - $600 so for most street guys the PC3 will still be a better value.
But if you're constantly changing your bike spec(racers & track day guys) the Bazzaz will end up being a little cheaper over time becuase you won't have to constantly re-map it on the dyno. I haven't seen one yet but from what I heard from guys that have tried the protoype units is that it's much more user friendly and way more adjustable than a PC3, espicially when it comes to multiple maps.

Where the Bazzaz has the real advantage over the PC3 is in the two higher end verions,
Z-FiQS: Sames as above, but with an adjustable kill time Quick shifter. At $850it's a little more than the PC3 with the Quick shifter & ingition module, but not much and it's all in a single unit.
Z-FiTC:Sames as the QS butadds TRACTION control! Granted it's a basic "Rate of Change" Traction Control, but at $999, it's tons cheaper than any other traction control unit out there. Probably way Overkill for most of us, racers included, but still it's traction control!

Another Plus is that there is an addition switch that allows you to program multiple Fuel injection maps and Multiple Traction control settings and switch between them on the fly,but that'll add another $80 (for the Fi map switch) or $250 (for the Fi Map switch & TC switch).

Old 01-09-2008, 01:43 PM

I ordered a bazazz zfi kit and a bazazz air/fuel z-afm kit in october.Called bazazz they will be shipping them january 18 (thats what they say).The zfi kit cost $360.00 the air/fuel $315.00.No need for custom map just hope it's worth it for the money?

Old 01-09-2008, 07:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet keep us informed.

Old 01-09-2008, 09:44 PM

ORIGINAL: alleycat

I ordered a bazazz zfi kit and a bazazz air/fuel z-afm kit in october.Called bazazz they will be shipping them january 18 (thats what they say).The zfi kit cost $360.00 the air/fuel $315.00.No need for custom map just hope it's worth it for the money?
It'll be interesting to see what you think... I'm very seriously looking at one of these for my next racebike. Hopefully they be shipping soon...origionally they were suspose to be shipping in early October, then mid November, then December, now January.

Old 01-10-2008, 09:17 AM

just got call back from sales at bazzaz they want to know if i still want the zfi kit (works same way as power comander does) shipped or cancel my order, because the air/fuel z-afm kit (part that makes system map on fly) is not ready having problems.I dont know what to do now cause the only reason i bought it was for the self mapping.Probably cancel order an get pc111 at least we know they work.Bazzaz should'nt have taken orders if they were'nt sure if system works right.Been waiting 3 months now and to hear this news just sucks.....

Old 09-24-2010, 11:40 PM
Default Using the Bazzaz Z-FI, AFM, TC QS

I have had the full Bazzaz system on my 08 CBR1000 since last summer. I think it is excellent. Very good instructions for installation and, the user manual is complete. I found it easy to learn the system on the computer and to use it at the track. It was easy to get a hold of a tech at Bazzaz to answer questions. I would definitely by another one if I got a different bike. If would definitely like to learn more about making fuel maps for different conditions.