General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone know how to install these

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 12:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone know how to install these

I bought 4 of these

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWN%3AIT

and im not sure how to install them... im pretty mechanically and electronically capable but ive never wired somethign into an already existant wire and not sure how it works

thanks

Old 07-11-2005, 12:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: anyone know how to install these

If they work off a swith I would think the kit should come with a complete harness that allows you to run the harness from the battery. If you have to splice into the stock wiring then always splice into a wire out side of the main harness like the pigtail off the front or back lights.

Old 07-11-2005, 03:50 PM

i got them today they are just LED with two cables coming from it... positive and neg... no harness... should i wire them into the headlights by splicing the headlight cable and attatching the LED ?

Old 07-11-2005, 07:12 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That'll work. Make sure you connect them both to the same circuit (either lo or hi beam) so that they are on at the same time.

Old 07-11-2005, 07:26 PM

If you connect them direct you won't be able to turn them off unless you wire in some sort of switch.

What color are they by the way? Here in Columbus, OH if you display anything lighted that is blue it is considered an equipment violation. Around here a lot of cops like to stop people on bikes and cars with neon for that one. It is an easy probabable cause stop and it allows them to investigate into the driver further if they want. In their defense the Cops in Columbus are relatively cool and don't really care about after market mufflers or other mods like lack of reflectors. I think they take the blue light think personally because they are the only ones who are supposed to be allowed to use them. Any way a lot of cops around here ride all sorts of bikes and are very cool. I should know because I am one of them.

OPPS! Cat's out of the bag! Any other PO's in the forum? If anyone has any questions about anything traffic or criminal related I will try to help. Just remember each state has its own laws.

Old 07-12-2005, 12:58 PM

hey guys... i wired them the the highbeam only so that acts like a switch in itself. whenever the highs are on the lights are on... not to bad for now... wasnt to hard to install.. i think i am going to order a couple more and use them now that i knwo how to install...

thanks guys

could i attactch 4 of those to the high beam or woudl that **** somethign up like the fuses or something... thanks

Old 07-12-2005, 03:18 PM

pmsl @ tribal, we aint animals u should know that.

Old 07-12-2005, 07:24 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Anubis

pmsl @ tribal, we aint animals u should know that.
[sm=dontgetit.gif] What you talkin bout Willis?

Old 07-13-2005, 02:33 AM

I don't get it either?

Old 07-15-2005, 08:58 AM

If you install these lights make sure that you use a small 1/2 amp fuse to avoid any problems.Your best bet is to make your own wiring harness and attach a switch because in many states they are illegal to run.I have the hyper lights on my bike and I love them.By the way the only place that i have found that carries those small fuses is radio shack.Make sure you have all your connections sealed tightly and use silicon on the ends of the fuse holder to avoid corrision.I noticed that you have connected them to the headlight system,not a good idea.The reason being is because of the headlight system pulling so much power on the electrical side that anymore may cause you wiring harness to your lights to burn or short.Besides if you wire them to a seperate harness you can show them off without the bike being on and draining the battery.

Quick Reply: anyone know how to install these