General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone have problems with bikebandit.com?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 12:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone have problems with bikebandit.com?

First off, let me first apologize if I put this in the wrong section...I'm a newby.

Here is what I wrote them....and I know it is a bit "whiny", but I'm still pissed. Customer service in general is going down the tubes (wow, i'm starting to sound like my parents).

Subject: why did you send me a used item!?

I received my right mirror yesterday and just opened it today. Within the UPS box, the mirror/housing was sitting outside of it's manufacturer's box, and the plastic and staples were obviously opened at some point prior to you shipping it to me. I pulled the mirror out and the housing looks fine, then I look at the mirror itself and it has a yellow circle drawn on it in what looks like chalk. I tried wiping it off with just a rag with no luck and has to resort to scrubbing with glass cleaner. Needless to say I am very disappointed in this first purchase. I planned to purchase all of my routine maintenance items through you guys as I just bought the F4i last week (and also own two Honda 4 wheelers), but you are not getting off to good start. I would like a simple explanation as to why I was sent a used/damaged product KNOWINGLY.

Old 01-12-2007, 01:14 AM
Default RE: anyone have problems with bikebandit.com?

Thats interesting, I've had a very good experiense with them on a few items. See what they come back with, its not the end of the world if they work with you. Now if this was after you had returned something else then being pissed would be ok. It could have been a simple mistake. They do happen. *shrug*

MDFF

Old 01-12-2007, 03:52 AM

Ive had pretty good luck with them too.... I order a fork seal kit for my RR and just recently an oem air filter (should be here soon) Only problem I have with them is the same as everyone else... I sit here pacing waiting for my stuff to come in lol

Old 01-12-2007, 09:20 AM

Mine actually didn't take that long. I ordered it 1/4/07 at 11 p.m. and got it 1/10/07 3:00 p.m.

Old 01-12-2007, 03:32 PM

<read from bottom up>

You really don't need to ship another mirror. I think this one will work ok. I should have taken a digital picture of it, but I had left my camera at work. I was just shocked to see that it had already been opened. Another thing I forgot to mention was that all the protective bubble plastic was on top and the mirror was just sitting on the bottom of the cardboard box.
If you still choose to send another one out, I will take pictures of it as I open it (hopefully without issues), but again, it is not necessary.
thanks for your quick reply,
Justin

Quoting Mark Young <MYoung@bikebandit.com>:
> Hello Justin,
>
>
>
> I just got your email about the mirror you received and I am very sorry
> to hear that. We have spoken with the shipper and receiver of the mirror
> and want to let you know that they have been addressed. As a convience I
> have reordered this mirror for you at no extra cost, I assure you that
> we do not sell used parts and this must have been some damage prior to
> shipping. You can go ahead and keep the mirror you have now, If you have
> any other questions or concerns this is my personal email.
>
>
>
> Thanks,
> Mark ~ Senior Sales Rep

Old 01-12-2007, 04:50 PM

Sounds like you jumped the gun.

Old 01-13-2007, 12:00 AM

ORIGINAL: MgA_ODEN

Sounds like you jumped the gun.
Eh, I agree to an extent. But I didn't ask for anything for free. I really want them to be aware that either somebody at their warehouse, or one of their suppliers, put an opened mirror in a box, with a chalk mark clearly on the mirror, and then just through some packaging material on top (3 mistakes in a row).....all on my first purchase.

It seems like the company as a whole means well and they aren't trying to cut corners, which is one thing I wanted to find out.

What probably prompted it (my quick bitch email) was the fact that I was a purchasing agent for a while and had to deal with these kinds of issues day in day out.

blah blah blah....it's over with now....time to go riding

Old 01-13-2007, 12:21 AM
Retired Mod

glad everything worked out for you. i have never had a problem with bikebandit and i will continue to purchase from them. by the way, for anyone interested, bikebandit offers a discount for ama members. anything to save some cash!

Old 01-13-2007, 07:30 AM

Yeah, I don't think he jumped the gun. He got something that wasn't shipped right, was obvioulsy opened and marked on, so he sent them an email asking what was up. Then he asked if anyone had any experience with them to see if this was normal or a quirk.

From their response, sounds like they are doing the right thing. He posted that as well so now I am more inclined to purchase from them than I would've been before.

Everybody makes mistakes once in a while. How a company responds to those mistakes tells me what kind of company they are and if I want to spend my hard earned cash with them. BikeBandit looks like a good place to purchase from in my eyes.

Old 01-13-2007, 03:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they are usually stand up peeps...as the email you got back shows.
as far as packaging, possibly that it was just an opened item and when returned got mixed up in the stock...

beware though...that yellow spot on the mirror...it's closer than it appears! muahhha

good to hear all is settled.

Quick Reply: anyone have problems with bikebandit.com?