General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alarm Install

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 03:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm Install

Got a midlevel bike alarm (no tilt sensor or cool pager, but it has engine disengage), but it doesn't come with factory hookups so I will be doing some splicing. This is the diagram that came with it.

diagram

All of my wires are factory so I should have the same color as yall. Where and what color wires should I be splicing into.

Battery Wire: Red Wire in ignition key harness (pretty confident)

ACC Output: Red/Black Wire in ignition key harness??? (Guessing)

Ignition Disable: Pink Wire in ignition key harness??? (Guessing)

Start Line: No clue what color, pretty sure it's somewhere in the harness going to the start button/front brake

Signal Wire: Light blue and orange wires in tail harness, but I have a question on this. If I splice there, will the front blinkers flash when activated too?

Old 08-23-2006, 04:23 AM
Default RE: Alarm Install

Year and model of the bike? I have access to an 05 factory shop manual for an f4i.

Old 08-23-2006, 04:42 AM

My bike is an 03 600RR. Our wiring should be basically the same. I have a service manual for mine too but let's just say I am more of a technition than an electricion (i'm a mechanical engineer). I can solder, build a BNC connector using coax cable blah blah blah but wiring diagrams are beyond me. I found the ignition key and starter switch on my electrical schematic but i don't know enough of the symbolism used in there to be 100% sure to know which wire is for what... except for the turn signal wires, haha, I nailed that one.

Old 08-23-2006, 09:29 PM

i just pulled out my alarm, unfortunately my module shorted and was causing all types of problems, including not turning off the blinkers. with my alarm, the front and rear signals were seperate. we have different bikes ( cbr929rr) but i'm sure it would be the same. heres a question for ya, what wires are for the factory security system? and how do i reconnect it? now my bike will prime and everything, but when i hit the start button it doesnt do anything. like its immobilised. i need help! not trying to steal the thread man, just thought the guys that can help you might be able to help me.