General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ahit at the frame!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2008 | 01:47 PM
|
Default RE: Ahit at the frame!!!!

you are right,ill go tomorrow and check it,and in case i still want the white one ican try to reduce its price more

Old 12-20-2008 | 02:12 PM
|

ORIGINAL: justasquid

Its actually pretty hard to see the extent of the damage. It looks like just scratches, but if its dented too, then it goes beyond just cosmetic. I wouldnt be afraid to drive it as a stunter or a trackbike, but I would reconsider it for the street... again, it depends on the extent of the damage.

Hopefully your going to "cover it up" with fiber protection just to hide it because of the looks, not to get more for if your going to sell it. If you are planning on selling it, it would probably be illegal to hide it.

Any insurance company would consider that bike totalled. So hopefully if you bought it that way, it was a salavage titled bike. If not, it should be considered one now. If you do sell it, you may be obligated to sell it as a salvage bike, but Im not 100 percent sure on that one. Its kind of a sticky point with bikes and damage to the frames. Usually though, even a scratch is grounds for totalling a bike.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA...Q5fAccessories

what you say about this!

Old 12-20-2008 | 06:30 PM

all I can say is, with what damage that bike has to it, its likely that theres much more wrong with it, just spend the extra $500 on the bike that isnt crashed. that one has clearly been laid down, HARD, and someone tried to hide as much as they could to make it sellable. with frame damage like that, that bike is a stunt only bike and worth to me, at BEST $2000.

Old 12-20-2008 | 09:09 PM

[blockquote]quote:[/i]ORIGINAL: justasquid Its actually pretty hard to see the extent of the damage. It looks like just scratches, but if its dented too, then it goes beyond just cosmetic. I wouldnt be afraid to drive it as a stunter or a trackbike, but I would reconsider it for the street... again, it depends on the extent of the damage. Hopefully your going to "cover it up" with fiber protection just to hide it because of the looks, not to get more for if your going to sell it. If you are planning on selling it, it would probably be illegal to hide it. Any insurance company would consider that bike totalled. So hopefully if you bought it that way, it was a salavage titled bike. If not, it should be considered one now. If you do sell it, you may be obligated to sell it as a salvage bike, but Im not 100 percent sure on that one. Its kind of a sticky point with bikes and damage to the frames. Usually though, even a scratch is grounds for totalling a bike. [/blockquote]
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA...Q5fAccessories what you say about this!
All I can say about that frame is: No way would use that frame. It may be good for a stunt bike that never sees road duty, but I wouldnt even use that frame for a track bike.

I too would pay the extra for the bike with a good frame. Even if it cost ya a grand more, its well worth it.

Old 12-20-2008 | 09:41 PM

ORIGINAL: justasquid

All I can say about that frame is: No way would use that frame. It may be good for a stunt bike that never sees road duty, but I wouldnt even use that frame for a track bike.
I wouldnt even stunt that frame. its JUNK. I'll take my chances with scratches over that one with a hole in it like that.

Old 12-21-2008 | 01:11 AM
|

yes,hole means weaker frame(realy dangerous),iwill go and see the other bike and try to take some shots
thanks for the great help

Old 12-22-2008 | 02:09 AM

I know the desire that takes over when you see a bike and want it, but please enter this situation with caution. There are few things more important than the frame of your bike. Damage to it seems to be something you only accept if you have vast knowledge of it's affects on the machine.

That said, I wish you the best of luck. I want you to ride, but safely.

Old 12-22-2008 | 07:56 AM
Retired Super Moderator

If i were you, i would ask to see that bike without ANY fairings on it. Thats the only way to really get a good look at what may have been damaged. If they're not willing to do that, then you better not be willing to buy it. Just my 2 cents.

Old 12-22-2008 | 09:15 AM

hey come back and give us those pictures of the other bike!!! I definitely suggest you get the bike with no frame damage over the bike with frame damage, even if it is a couple hundred extra.(or whatever currency is where you are from)

Oh by the way, i looked at your photobucket, that is a SICK car you have there. The back end is amazing, what kind of car is it???

Old 05-09-2009 | 05:21 PM
|

igot this bike,ilove it so much

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...P1020531-1.jpg

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...a/P1020531.jpg

and my first video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-nosGVyyg4

you mean this car!sorry iam late in reply
its alfaromeo 156 2001 model
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...P1010753-1.jpg

Last edited by otefa; 05-09-2009 at 05:25 PM.