General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

After fill up.. No start :(

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011 | 07:09 AM
|
Default After fill up.. No start :(

Hey good morning. Recently purchased a 93 cbr 600 f2 two weeks ago... Well its been running great.. But for some reason after I fill the tank last night it shut off on me and now it does not start.. I used sunoco 93 oct.. Same thing as last two fill ups.. Any words on what it can be? It tries to start..

Old 05-31-2011 | 12:32 PM

Seems strange that your bike refuses to start after filling up and indicates that the fuel could be the problem. It's not unkown for garages to have a delivery of diesel into their petrol tanks. Try taking a sample from the petrol tank and using a hydrometer in the range .700-.800 check the density. It should be around .745 for petrol. Any higher and it could contain diesel fuel. If it is contaminated with diesel you need to go back to the garage where you filled up and complain! There again, it could be something else but obviously too many to try and diagnose from here. If the problems is down to fuel you will have to drain your tank, flush it out with half a gallon of unleaded and then refill. Also drain all four carb float bowls down before you turn the petrol tap on again. From the year of your bike I assume it has carburettors? Let us know how you get on?

Originally Posted by vic93f2
Hey good morning. Recently purchased a 93 cbr 600 f2 two weeks ago... Well its been running great.. But for some reason after I fill the tank last night it shut off on me and now it does not start.. I used sunoco 93 oct.. Same thing as last two fill ups.. Any words on what it can be? It tries to start..

Old 05-31-2011 | 12:55 PM

Unless he was bone dry, the gas he filled up with isn't going to be in the carbs.

I'd take the carbs off and clean them thoroughly.

Old 05-31-2011 | 01:09 PM

Before you go digging too deep, try starting the bike with the gas cap open and tell us what happens

Old 05-31-2011 | 01:15 PM
|

Will try the gas cap open.. Will let u know. Thanks For response

Old 05-31-2011 | 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Before you go digging too deep, try starting the bike with the gas cap open and tell us what happens
Often overlooked in situations like that .
Also check the fuel pump / and fuse for the fuel pump ,, (if it has one) chit like that has happened before putting gas the tank I'm sure.
Water in the gas will do the same thing ,, cheap gas stations are where this happens alot . Its even been known that clerks have used comet borax cleaner or talcum powder on the end of the sticks they use to measure how much fuel is in the tanks before a delivery of fuel ,, and that gets into what you pump into your tank . 2 stations here in florida were shut down for corrosive contaminates in the tanks from retard clerks / owners doing that.
Most modern companys like S&S , Chevron , Shell , BP , etc , have auto measure devices / computers so you don't need to "stick" the tanks .
But mom & pop stations are still in the old way of doing it . I myself , avoid those stations if possible. I've had to drain water from my tank before from larry & bob / mom & pop stores gas pumps . Cheap gas price,,means ,,bottom of the barrel gas. I hope you find & fix what the problem is with the ole F2 ,, keep us in the loop bro .

Old 05-31-2011 | 02:13 PM

If he filled his gas tank up, the gas in the carbs would have allowed him to run the bike until the "bad gas" got there.

Even if the tank was pressurized...

Old 05-31-2011 | 03:05 PM

F2 doesn't have a fuel pump. Its gravity fed. It'll take 5 secs to try popping the gas cap and hitting the starter. Better than 30+ mins getting into the carbs.

Old 05-31-2011 | 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
F2 doesn't have a fuel pump. Its gravity fed. It'll take 5 secs to try popping the gas cap and hitting the starter. Better than 30+ mins getting into the carbs.
I couldn't remember if it had a fuel pump or not .
I stand confirmed // corrected.

Old 05-31-2011 | 05:17 PM
|

Well I smell gas. Think is flooded??

Quick Reply: After fill up.. No start :(