General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

99 f4 electical

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 05:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 f4 electical

hello everyone, I like to start by saying hello im 29 i live in New York andI'm new to the forums and hope that im posting in the correct area.

I own a 99 cbr 600 f4 and in Sept. of 05 had a accident due to a woman in a suv not watching and runnign me off the road. My bike has been garaged since then not ridden, started occasionally but not too too often havent had the time to really ride since. I finally got some time to ride twords the end of the season for me i live in New York. I went to start it up the other day and ran into a few minor? problems. The 1st problem i had was i have installted a intergrated turn signal into the rear tailights of my bike and rode it for months without a problem until the accident when i garaged it, the problem i have now is none of the signals work and i hear a buzzineg sound comeign from the rear right of my bike im guessing out of 1 of the relays, all of the bulbs are intact and to my knowledge are all working. My question is could it be a problem from my intergraded taillights causeing this due to a minor accident on the left side or could there be another electrical problem?? The second problem i have now is the battery is dead and i do have a batterycharger when i hook the bike up to the charger and give it juice i can fire the bike up its alittle rough( im assumeign due to old plugs& gas) wihch will be replaced. The problem is when i turn off the charger the bike goes dead instantly but when i keep it hooked up my tach& speedomoter both raise when i twist the throttle. This has never happened before and was fine when i put the bike into the garage. The bike was in a minor accident was put down at about 30miles perhour im guessing after i slowed up.I cannot figure out what could be the issue im not familiar with motorcycle chargeing systemsI am mechanically inclined and work on cars but am kinda weary on working on the bike. Thank you in advance for any suggestions or ideas and your time.