General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

83 CB750 help?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 10:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 83 CB750 help?

I just picked up a freebie CB750. I know very little about it but it needs some work. I want to see if its worth my time to fix it or if I should just sell it. Its the "S" version I think which did something to the options package concerning suspension.

At any rate, the engine runs beautifully and the tranny and rest of the bike is great with 32,000 on it. It has a Basani exhaust, but it needs tires and front and rear fork seals. With as many parts as I'm finding on Ebay I think I can just go quick and easy and buy good used ones but I need to know what fits and interchanges. For instance, I hastily snagged a set of rear shocks/springs from a 77 CB750 because they were $4, but I'm not sure they'll fit. I found (but didn't buy) several auctions for complete triple trees for CBs, but can anyone tell me what will fit/interchange?

The stock suspension has external reservoirs and apparently upgraded parts. At this point, I'm not interested in keeping it all original or keeping the upgraded parts, I just want to get it safely and cheaply on the road. Anyone know what suspensionparts might interchange with other CBs (or other bikes for that matter) so I can get this thing on the road?

Many thanks

Old 10-02-2007, 06:41 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 83 CB750 help?

You lucky bugger, their a great machine, such a classic looking bike and as strong as they come.
From memory Honda did a lot of reworking from the original "K" series, so I'm not so sure wot would fit wot. but there is a lot of info ( & clubs) on the net which will have all the info you need, so just do a bit of searching.
Heres one in S'tralia to kick you off, good luck. www.hondacb750.com.au

Old 10-02-2007, 11:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 83 CB750 help?

Great link, thanks. I'm loving it so far. I took the rear fairing off and it looks one step more Cafe and less screaming 1983. The previous owner had taken off the turn signals which is nice, but cops look at you a little funny here in CA so I had some from a Yamaha R6 that I put on. I'll get pictures here someday and post them. Its the black with orange and yellow pinstripes. When I get done with it it will be flat black