General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

600rr red light flashing mil help

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 09:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 600rr red light flashing mil help

can anyone tell me if they have had this problem or know how to fix this problem...i have a 06 cbr 600rr it has 677 miles on it and all the sudden the red light in the instrument cluster flashes when idle but when i pull in the clutch it goes solid until the clutch is released...i have tried many things i changed oil it is at the right level new battery flushed radiator and burped it for any air bubbles i also thought maybe it was because i intalled billet levers but it does it when i put pliers on the lever coming from the clutch case and i turn it like it would be when i pull in the lever and it goes solid in a second or less...can anyone tell me what this means ??? the temp for the bike runs between 180's to 190's moving and at idle at long stop lights wont exceed 225... seems normal to me fan comes on without issue ...it never did this before i installed hotbodies exhaust and lots of chrome but this was all installed before any of this then i parked it for a few monthsim in az and i dont care to ride in 110 degree weatherand i brought it out of the house and ran it yesterday and now this... all connections i checked everywhere so im lost.... so basically what it does is when i turn the key on it goes solid like it is supposed to and when it turns on a couple seconds later it turns off then it will pause for a couple seconds then blinks twice then pauses then blinks twice then pauses but at anytime i pull in the clutch it will go solid immediatly..any help would be great..

Old 09-26-2007, 09:45 PM
Default RE: 600rr red light flashing mil help

Sounds like something electrical. Have you double checked all your wires heading to/from the oil sensor and to that HB exhaust (which has turn signals from what I'm told)? I'd start pulling body panels and looking for frayed wires first/shorts first. Someone else may have dealt with this problem before, but this is the help that I can offer. Since you do have a problem, it is prob a good idea to pull the body panels anyways so you have access.

Old 09-26-2007, 09:49 PM

What's the blinking pattern? The ECM is throwing a code at you. you need to decipher the flashes and correlate that with your service manuel. i have one, so list the blink sequence and i'll tell you what's making the ECU throw a code.

Old 09-26-2007, 09:53 PM

what it does when it is started is it will blink 2 times pretty fast maybe a half second apart then it pauses for 3 seconds roughly then flashes 2 times then pauses 3 seconds etc it will do that at idle for ever but as soon as the clutch is pulled in ori am moving it is stays on solid until it is in neutral...i did have to pull my airbox to get to my throttle cable at one time to put on billet grips

Old 09-26-2007, 10:01 PM

Error Code #2: MAP sensor performance problem

• Loose or poor connection of the MAP sensor vacuum hose
• Faulty MAP sensor

Refer to Page 6-16 of your Honda Service Manuel for inspection.

Old 09-26-2007, 10:03 PM

i wonder if thats the larger vacum hose in the front of the air box near the neck of the frame?

Old 09-26-2007, 10:11 PM

It is located beneath the fuel rail and it does have a large diameter hose attached to it.

Old 09-26-2007, 10:18 PM

i wonder if there is a process to reset this or do you think turning it off and back on if the problem is fixed will clear the code? thanks for your help i just pulled my top end pastics and tank and am checking everything on and around the air box right now

Old 09-26-2007, 10:21 PM

it should reset itself when you switch the ignition to the OFF position. you re check it with the ignition in the ON position and the "Kill Switch" in the ON position as well.

Old 09-26-2007, 10:33 PM

i pulled the hose and airbox intake velocity stackes etc and reintalled it all unplugging all the plugs in this area and replugging them incase a plug could have not seated right also is the map sensor the little sensor on the top of the air box? i also wonder if maybe i didnt have the base seated correctly before i tightened it last time i i wonder if that could cause it to code with it having an air box leak?

Quick Reply: 600rr red light flashing mil help