General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 CBR 600F Track version

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2022, 03:28 PM
can
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2005 CBR 600F Track version

I am new here hello everyone. I am trying to convert my bike into a track version.

I made any modifications myself.

But i got a problem with tail chasis. It doesn't fit to my track fairing. Should i cut tail?
As seen in below picture tail is out from fairing.

Another question is O2 sensor. I eliminated it by unpluging it. Should i buy an eliminator kit? Or it is just about FI light?

I am uploading some pictures of my bike.

Thanks.

The following users liked this post:
Mi_ka (08-08-2022)
Old 08-07-2022, 04:07 PM
Received 432 Likes on 391 Posts

Might need different bracket for tail.

O2-sensor doesn't matter, It's ignored under WOT anyway.

Old 08-12-2022, 03:58 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by dannoxyz
O2-sensor doesn't matter
Does this ECU reverts to good-enough-for-track fail safe maps when the lamda sensor is unplugged?

Old 08-12-2022, 04:54 PM

Yes, ECU uses base maps without adjustments when O2-sensor is disconnected.

So same as open-loop mode when you're at +80% to WOT. Bike shouldn't be any different on track with or without O2-sensor connected.

Mi_ka (08-12-2022)
Old 08-12-2022, 05:53 PM

Nice to hear this!
Do we have any technical thread or can you point to any URL about this particular ECU’s stock maps and programmed behavior?

Does our mate @can have to run a few laps with the sensor connected for the stock ECU to asses short&long term corrections to apply to the maps or if the sensor is disconnected the corrections are disregarded as well?
I guess the ECU should be reverting to fail-safe rich maps besides throwing the CEL which would be a long term issue when commuting under part throttle all the time.

Old 08-12-2022, 06:56 PM

Look here for info on Honda ECUs: http://forum.pgmfi.org/index.php

No need to run any laps, once O2-sensor is disconnected, only base maps are used. However, you will be down on power due to rich mixtures. Will need to get interceptor tuning device like PowerCommander and do dyno-tuning to optimise open-loop mixtures (or use wideband O2-sensor with datalogging).

CEL is triggered because ECU doesn't detect O2-sensor's heater-circuit. Won't affect operations in any way if you disable CEL or not.

Last edited by dannoxyz; 08-12-2022 at 07:33 PM.
Mi_ka (08-13-2022)
Old 08-13-2022, 02:07 AM

Thanks!
Originally Posted by dannoxyz
Look here for info on Honda ECUs: pgmfi.org ? Index page
hmmm... looks like there is little info on these bike ECUs - given the age of the F4i ECU at 20 years+, if seasoned guys like you have no leads to share then there must be none out there and I should spare the effort of looking around the english speaking 'net, right? (if only I could speak japanese!)

I remember back in 2007 or so, I went to a dyno client to help them with a 600RR that was being set up for our local supersport championship and that bike had a blank racing ECU of German origin preloaded with 600RR maps by its manufacturer - I had a look at the laptop of the team programmer and I was impressed that just about all running parameters of the ECU were customisable - he told me that the stock ECU offered no such customisation.Back then I was a dyno support guy (Fuchs, French dynos) and the client wanted me to make sure that all was good with their dyno before starting map work on the RR.
It is funny that this F4i I just got is my first FI bike - like discovering America for the first time all over again...
​​​​​​​

Last edited by Mi_ka; 08-13-2022 at 04:54 AM.
Old 08-14-2022, 12:58 PM
can

Does anyone know what do i need for lambda sensor? Like this one? Can i make it myself?

O2 lambda for 600f

Old 08-14-2022, 02:29 PM

No idea - it could be as simple as a 1 or 2 resistors or as complicated as an smd microcontroller running a custom program on a miniature PCB.
However, 1st FI generation systems usually just needed simple resistors in a fancy plug along a fancy price to convince the buyer his bike was going faster after installation.

Maybe it is as simple as on the '06 RR faster brother.

Hopefully @dannoxyz will be chiming in with info - my F4i is a '01 EU model without a sensor (the EU smog laws for motorcycles were much more relaxed than for cars back then ant this meant not catalyst and sensor was in need until '06).

By the way, Can, what track do you have around Ankara? I only knew about the Instanbul track.

Last edited by Mi_ka; 08-14-2022 at 02:41 PM.
Old 08-14-2022, 02:41 PM
can

I think i found something.

Originally Posted by Mi_ka
No idea - it could be as simple as a 1 or 2 resistors or as complicated as an smd microcontroller running a custom program on a miniature PCB.
However, 1st FI generation systems usually just needed simple resistors in a fancy plug along a fancy price to convince the buyer his bike was going faster after installation.

Maybe it is as simple as on the '06 RR faster brother.

Hopefully @dannoxyz will be chiming in with info - my F4i is a '01 EU model without a sensor (the EU smog laws for motorcycles were much more relaxed than for cars back then ant this meant not catalyst and sensor was in need until '06).

Quick Reply: 2005 CBR 600F Track version