General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2002 Cbr600 air box delete?? is it possible

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 12:46 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Cbr600 air box delete?? is it possible

First to answer before someone asks why I would ever want to remove the air box. I mounted the cbr motor on a gokart frame and regardless of how the engine sets the air box is somehow in the way.

what would happen if I ran the engine without the airbox? I had it off for a while (not running) and just screwed the Intake towers (circular tubes inside the air box) straight into the manifold and it looked and fit perfect but there were a few holes I noticed on the intake manifold that get connected / blocked when the air box is attached....so Do i need it on for the engine to run properly? can i just cut the airbox and use the bottom to block the holes?

Old 02-16-2012, 09:11 PM

i used to race karts on the dirt a trick we used to use is find one large foam dirt bike filter or 2 or 4 smaller ones. oil them place them over the intake tubes and clamp or zip tie them in place. it`ll keep all the **** out and should give similar intake flow flow remember in the bike it`s getting forced fed air from the intake runners on a go kart it wouldn`t be getting the air jammed down its throat it`ll only suck in what it needs.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:38 PM

And of course now you have to filter each velocity stack (x4) instead of one filter. But I've seen it done on lots of engines.