General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 12:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 problems

ok so if i start the bike cold it will start up fine no problems.

but if i go into somewhere for like 10 minutes and try to start it again, it wont even try and turn over.

but once i add choke it starts up within like 10 sec. every time.

it then will run but with a low idle. it will keep staying low until i get it running for a short time. but if i like pull to a light right away the idle will keep dropping and i have to give it a decent amount of gas to get it going without it stalling.

then once it warms up it runs fine again.

any ideas?

also, i had some problems with the oil cooler but go tthat all fixed up.

well yesterday i went to check my reserve coolant level, and the reserve was almost empty.

so i went to check the coolant level and it was near the rim.

im not sure if i just didnt have enough coolant, if there is a small leak or what.

i havent seen any dripping from the bike that i can notice.

idk if this is normal or not.

thanks for any help.

Old 07-15-2008, 06:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 2 problems

1st one sounds like you need a carbie adjustment, since you have use the choke to get it going once its warm.
2nd, Hows the bike temp? does the fan come on at all? & loosing/using coolant?, whens the last time you put in some proper coolant.
If its been diluted with water, then its going to turn to vapour as its boiling point is lowered. If you have replaced it, then its not necessarily a leak, could be a blown head gasket & its going out your exhaust, check the end of the pipe for vapour/water discolourisation in either case.

Old 07-15-2008, 11:26 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Agree on the carb adjustment, the mixture needs to be fattened. About the coolant, it could be getting into the oil too. When was the last time you changed the oil and what was the color of the oil?

Old 07-15-2008, 01:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

would adding sea foam possibly help the problem at all.

the bike runs ok not to hot. the fan comes on at regular times like sitting in heat but turns off when cruising like normal. i havent noticed any vapor coming out of the exhaust. i recently changed the oil and there wasnt any collant in it.
i will try flushing and adding in more coolant and just hope that it was to diluted