General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1997 CBR600F3 Not able to start, need help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2005, 10:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1997 CBR600F3 Not able to start, need help!

Well, I don't think it's the fuel pump. I connect the fuel pump directly to the battery to test if it works, and it does. It doesn't turn when connected to it's original electrical connection. I tried previously to just crank the engine with the pump electrically connected (not directly to battery, but where it's supposed to be) and with the inlet/outlet fuel lines disconnected and it didn't turn on...the solenoid clicked on and off with key on and key off but that's it. I know it works now from connection straight to the battery. Then again, I didn't have my plugs in and connected while doing this and don't know if this has anything to do with the pump not operating. Nor do I know if it will not operated normally with the inlet/outlet fuel lines disconnected. Does anybody know the operation of the pump and what needs to be hooked up, etc? I'll probably have to stop in to the repair shop and take a look at their repair manual. Tonight, I'll put the plugs back in and hook everything up and see if she starts. Aaarrggh!

Old 06-08-2005, 11:20 AM

ok then I misread, so then if thats total bs I wrote before, I would first start off by getting a volt tester, turning the bike on and seeing if there is any power, trace it back from there and you will have your problem, could be a pinched wire, bad connection, ect.

Old 06-08-2005, 11:22 AM

OOOh and one more thing
the fuel pump should buzz in your hand even if it isn't hooked up to anything, but it'll burn up in no time, so if it doesn dont jump up and down, go get a drink and play a video game to see if it is still working when you get back out... it wont.

Old 06-09-2005, 02:10 PM

Well, got it started last night but don't have an exact cause of the problem(s). But here are some scenarios:

Plugs were out for a couple of days and might have let the ports dry out from being 'wet'.

Fuel filter change may have helped.

Disconnected the fuel pump and blew it out.

Disconnected and tested the fuel cut-off switch.

Maybe an electrical connection was loose and I might have solved it by disconnected those items. Not sure what the problem was but she's running now. All I gotta do now is change the oil, filter, and coolant.

Thanks for the help!

Old 06-10-2005, 02:00 AM

Cool! Glad you got er back up! Keep shaking it down (keep looking) and it'll be as good as new in no time!