General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

09cbr600rr Jerks around at low rpms

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2020, 06:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 09cbr600rr Jerks around at low rpms

So the problem started when at first, when I would let off the gas the bike would do a little jerky thing on the way down. As though it didn't get the right amount of fuel or something. I recently replaced plugs, had coils tested and got a new air regulator control valve. After I had the air valve put in yesterday, when I got the bike back the problem was 1000 times worse. Now the bike practically throws me around when using low throttle. First and second gear are very unpleasant at this time. My mechanic keeps going on about how it could be so many different things which is very frustrating to me as I am not rich. Any help or advice would be appreciated. My thoughts are on the ecu, fuel pressure regulator or something along those lines. Thanks for the help and ride safe.

(btw when the mechanic was revving the engine in the shop the catalytic converter got red hot, not sure if that helps or what it means though.)

Old 01-14-2020, 08:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Keith09cbr600rr
So the problem started when at first, when I would let off the gas the bike would do a little jerky thing on the way down. As though it didn't get the right amount of fuel or something. I recently replaced plugs, had coils tested and got a new air regulator control valve. After I had the air valve put in yesterday, when I got the bike back the problem was 1000 times worse. Now the bike practically throws me around when using low throttle. First and second gear are very unpleasant at this time. My mechanic keeps going on about how it could be so many different things which is very frustrating to me as I am not rich. Any help or advice would be appreciated. My thoughts are on the ecu, fuel pressure regulator or something along those lines. Thanks for the help and ride safe.

(btw when the mechanic was revving the engine in the shop the catalytic converter got red hot, not sure if that helps or what it means though.)
It really could be many things. Best is to get hold of a manual and go one by one on possible causes. Could be plugs, TPS or may be even vaccum lines