General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 Honda CBR600RR issues with fuel injectors

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 08:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 06 Honda CBR600RR issues with fuel injectors

Hey brothas I'm new just wanted to sign up and get some real info.
I bought an 06 honda cbr600rr from a private seller that had laid it down on the right hand side nothing major just had a few scratches no big damage, I got it at a deal and didn't come with a battery and I didn't give a damn due to the fact it was cheap had a swing arm the guy didn't ride it cuz he worked on the oil right all the time so I figured it's not in use needs to be cleaned (tank,pump & jets) with a brand new battery I even thought it was the 9 volt drop zener diode but 05 and 06 don't come with it. Needless to say I've had it for 4 months now and I can't get her running I started with the fuel tank clean it out put Rust-Oleum in it bought a new fuel pump cleaned out the fuel lines pulled the secondary injectors clean them and I am stuck with a bike that cranks but does not get any fuel through the Jets into the throttle bodies, when I pour gasoline into the throttle bodies Idol's beautifully it will even rev slightly but only enough to wear gas will cut out and I'm back to the same thing again where the bike will just crank but no fuel is getting passed through the fuel injectors. The fuel injectors actuate when I plug in 12 voltes via battery and connectors so they work, I just connotations figure out what to do next and majority of the posts don't narrow anything down. I thought it was the Bank angle sensor but the bike wouldn't start with gas in the throttle bodies if it was initiated I thought was a kickstand but same concept bike starts with gasoline within throttle bodies so I'm at a loss and I am requesting for your help to get her running again, thanks

Old 06-10-2017, 05:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So looks like your problem is fuel line related. Now I'd just be guessing, but there may be few things and not sure if you have checked the obvious things first. Your tank breather pipes connected OK? Not constricted or anything? Does the fuel pressure regulator work?Although I don't think a faulty fpr would mean no fuel feeding the engine at all, may be too much of it really but still worth a check? Does the new fuel pump prime? If it does then you can just prime it and unplug the FPR or the fuel rod itself. Fuel should drip out, if not then you know the problem is between pump and injectors!

Old 06-10-2017, 06:26 PM

Well I have all the breather hoses connected nothing out of the ordinary there I hope estly do t know where the FPR is honestly I've looked online but there's no definitive proof that it even exists on the bike, the pump primes all the way to the rails when I open the nut holding where the main line connects it leaks fuel and when I connect a 12 volt battery stright to the injectors you hear the clicking noise and the solenoid actuating which then spouts fuel into the the manifold and it does start ( briefly) then dies out cuz there's no pulse or electicity running to the injectors, I stare at the bike and just don't know what to do... I'm contemplating on trying a bump start but I thinknits going to be the same result cuz if I can get it started with full via throttle bodies and they still don't work what's the point of running and the same thing will occur. Ideas?

Old 06-10-2017, 07:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am sorry, the RR(unlike the F4) doesn't have an external regulator. It is built in, inside the pump which you say is new. Think the RR has 8 injectors? 4 primary and 4 secondary? I'll let the experts chip in, sorry have very limited knowledge and that too on the f4i

Old 06-11-2017, 01:13 AM
Super Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi , does the pump run for a few seconds when you turn the ignition on

Old 06-11-2017, 10:10 AM

It's cool yea it has the 8 injectors and neither of them are functioning ceebeeaarguy. Cabaret the pump does only come on for a few seconds then stops, I let the pump do it's job to fill up the rails and what not then I start the bike. I don't do the quick start process cuz I've heard that it can cause malfunctions and it's just bad to quickly turn the bike on while the gauges get ready . When I get a day off of work I'm think of checking the tank and pump to see what's up with it. But is there something significant with the pump? The injectors won't click or shoot fuel whwn I crank the bike...

Old 06-11-2017, 10:50 AM
Super Moderator

Hi, are all the connectors on the harness at the front connected, and is the bank angle sensor plugged in the right way up(arrow pointing upward) or can you bypass the BAS to take that out of the equation.

Old 06-11-2017, 02:18 PM

Cabaret, the plugs are all connected and I haven't bypassed the BAS yet but would the engine crank if it is engaged? I am gonna bypass it just not sure what wires to cross, I think I stay away from the middle wire since it has constant current, I'll give it a shot when I get off work and see if that changes anything, I mean the guy I bought it from did drop the bike... :/ let's just say if that doesn't solve the issue what do you think it could be?

Old 06-11-2017, 03:04 PM
Super Moderator

The red and green wires are the ones to jump, also bypass the side stand just in case, that takes two out of the usual suspects, is the BAS plug connected the right way up?

Old 06-11-2017, 04:01 PM

Will bypass them and yes, the BAS is connected and is the right way up but it's better to be safe than sorry I was even planning to use a dremil and see is I can take the contact marble out but I guess just a quick crossover connection will do.

Quick Reply: 06 Honda CBR600RR issues with fuel injectors