General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 f4i eletrical issue.

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 05:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 f4i eletrical issue.

ok i have an issue where, when i turn the key my gauges turn on but my fuel pump, gauge illumination head, tail light an blinkers do not work. but when i pull in the clutch all is ok then bad again when released even with the clutch pulled in if i try to put it in gear it dies, i have my kickstand switch bypassed. i half unbolted my tank an propped it up an every thing turns on like its suppose to, i can even put it in gear with out dying, but when i lower it to put the tank back everything turns off, i've wiggled all wires i can all connections are good. does anyone know whats wrong or had this happen to them?

Old 07-11-2011, 03:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It may sound obvious, but it looks as though you have a short to earth when the tank is in it's correct position or you are losing a connection (possibly broken inner cable somewhere). Take the tank off and try making/breaking connection with ignition on by bending, twisting under-tank wiring to see if you can replicate the problem. I suspect it is either going to be easy to detect this way or you are in for a long toil of checking for continuity in the wiring between battery, ignition switch and starter. Let us know how the checks under the tank work out? Bit of a mystery this one!

Originally Posted by oprprspcrmgr
ok i have an issue where, when i turn the key my gauges turn on but my fuel pump, gauge illumination head, tail light an blinkers do not work. but when i pull in the clutch all is ok then bad again when released even with the clutch pulled in if i try to put it in gear it dies, i have my kickstand switch bypassed. i half unbolted my tank an propped it up an every thing turns on like its suppose to, i can even put it in gear with out dying, but when i lower it to put the tank back everything turns off, i've wiggled all wires i can all connections are good. does anyone know whats wrong or had this happen to them?