General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

01 cbr 600 f4i turns off at low speed or stopped

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 06:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 cbr 600 f4i turns off at low speed or stopped

i just got in from testing this out to get exact problems and here it is....

the bike idles fine and at speed is fine. the bike turns off at low speeds when the bike is in neutral or in gear with the clutch in. i hopped on the bike and had it in neutral and started pushing it forward and it turned off. i then put the clutch it in first and started pushing the bike without releasing the clutch and it died. so in real life situation this happens at stop signs and stop lights, ill hold the clutch in and coast to a stop, and then itll shut off on me. or pending how my take off goes it might turn off at the start of take off.

when it turns off, the FI like comes on, and so does the red light next to the neutral light.

i just bought this bike and am really frusterated with this, and i dont know anything about bikes and dont know any mechanics, so please any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-22-2013, 07:19 PM
June 2013 ROTM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe the side stand switch is cutting it off? So it idles fine, accelerates fine, but doesn't slow down? Maybe its something easy but it doesn't really make sense... can you post a video?

Old 04-22-2013, 07:30 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Is your idle so low, it stalls?

Look for a vacuum leak. They can bring the idle down to stall easily.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:00 PM

i think it may have something to do with the kick stand killswitch, but idk. the kick stand is weird because sometimes it will start with the kickstand down, but sometimes wont. and sometimes it turns off when the kick stand goes down, but sometimes it stays on, so it may have something to do with that, idk. i will get a video tomorrow and post it on here. im just trying to get as many ideas as possible so when i take it to the shop, i can tell the mechanic what it may be.

nah it doesnt stall, it straight up just turns off.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:58 PM
Default VIDEOS OF PROBLEMS!!! please help

this is my neutral light flashing, it does this sometimes, and sometimes it will straight up stay off.

here is the bike turning off. i have it in neutral and start pushing it and the FI light comes on and it turns off, the first 5-7 times this happens, the FI light will pop on and make a noise like its injecting fuel and the bike will start back up. but then after so many times this happens. the FI light pops on, and doesnt make the noise like its injecting fuel, then it wont start which leads to the next video. i turn the key off, and turn the key on and normally the FI light comes on and makes the injecting noise, but now it just pops on but doesnt make the noise, then the bike keeps turning. i usually have to wait about 10 minutes, then it will start normally.

EXTRA INFO: heres some extra info about the bike that might help. the headlight doesnt always work, sometimes its on, sometimes its off, it goes whenever it wants. this, with a combination of the flashing neutral light makes me think it might be an electrical problem, but idk.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:04 PM

also this doesnt happen until the bike has been running for at least 5-10 minutes, then thats when the problems kick in

Old 04-24-2013, 08:14 PM

Fix the headlight issue. The fuel pump circuit runs through it.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:29 PM

how do i fix the headlight issue lol. im not sure whats wrong with it or how i would approach that problem. im a complete noob when it comes to bikes, ive been riding for 5 years, but never had to do any mechanical work. my old bike had 0 problems and a friend changed the oil for me.

Old 04-24-2013, 09:54 PM

You may be better off taking it to a shop, or at least someone who knows how to fix bikes.

Where are you located? Perhaps someone in your are could recommend a shop.

There is only so much we can do over the internet....

Last edited by 74demon; 04-24-2013 at 09:58 PM.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:19 PM

yeah im hoping to run into someone who knows bikes to help me out. im trying to compile a list of what could be wrong, so if i end up having to take it somewhere i can have a list ready for him to check or something.

Quick Reply: 01 cbr 600 f4i turns off at low speed or stopped