General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

00 cbr 929 help metal noise?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 12:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 929rr hesitation repair! easy fix.

I purchased a 2001 929rr erion ed. from orig. owner. 3,000 miles. Bike sat for years. I was getting hesitation off the line but when I open the bike it would go away. That clunking noise when it starts up, that happens on my 929, my 954 it must be something. I never heard of it being fuel starvation but hey, it could be. So that means its pinging and that cant be good lol. any how, what I like to do is before I start the bike i prime the fuel pump 2 to 3 times than start. it does help.

o.k save your money! save your money! that hesitation is no need to pull injectors, pull nothing. Here is your problem 100000000%.

you need a new preasure regulator. It is a $90 piece. Here is how you can tell if its bad. The preasure reg. sits on the left side of the fuel rail right underneath the tank. when sitting on the bike (left side). there are 2 hoses going to it. main fuel hose, and than it has a 90 degree bend tube. There is another hose attached to that going to the engine. ( breather or something) . Take that hose off the 90 degree bend 100% you will start the bike and notice fuel is coming out there. There is your problem. close it with you finger start the bike. rev the bike ( your gonna say oh **** ! sound great no hesitation. Put the hose back on it and rev, ( bike will sound like **** again and hesitate) that regulator goes bad when sitting. The regulator should not have fuel leaking out of the 90 degree bend. You repalce that regulator and your good to go http://www.ronayers.com/Search/N/687...-013/Source/HO THis problem will drive you crazy. I had shops and dealer telling me its valve problem, they need to open the motor, etc. They saw me coming a mile a way and were ready to rip me to shreds. change this peice. Trust me! Good luck.

You dont have to take the tank off here is what you do very simple!
take the 2 bolts off the front of tank by the top crown.
Get a 12mm and loosed the rear 3 bolts on the tank. NO need to take them off just loosen them. Raise the tank up a big put a hammer to hold it up. done. You will see the regulator right there on the rail. 10mm bolts a needle nose plyer to take that fuel clamp off the hose. Pull it off put the new one, start up make sure no leaks. drop the tank tight up and go riding.

If you want to make a project out of it than you can pull the entire tank off etc, but I wanted to ride so I use the quick ways.

Good luck and feel free to post or email me.

Thank.s