Forum Help & Suggestion Center Need help with CBR Forum? Ask. Have a suggestion to better CBRF? Tell us here. DO NOT POST QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR BIKE HERE.

Selling Items?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 01:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Selling Items?

I've been wanting to sell various parts of my bike that I've replaced such as fairings, levers, etc. What do I need to do to get ready to sell items on the forum? I have NO interest in selling on ebay.

Here are the things I have:

-Digital Camera
-Paypal Account
-Senior Member status

If someone can shed some light that would be awesome. Also, how do I calculate shipping for cities across the nation?

Old 03-27-2011, 02:41 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, all you really need to do is start a thread in the appropriate classified section with price, pics, location, and a description of the stuff you want to sell.

For the pics... you have a couple options. You can use photobucket to host the pics and then copy the [IMG] code and paste it directly into your ad.
Or.. you can upload the pics to your photo album on the forum, copy the url of the pic, click on the icon when placing the ad, and paste the url address into the box.

For getting shipping quotes... I usually just use USPS:
Postage Price Calculator

Or if the package is too big, you may need to use something different like UPS or FedEx.
https://wwwapps.ups.com/ctc/request
https://www.fedex.com/ratefinder/home?cc=US&language=en

For paypal, you just need to provide the buyer with your paypal name (usually an email address such as bobsmith@paypaldotcom)
Then they can send you the money through their paypal.

I would recommend always using delivery confirmation/tracking when you ship something. It covers you in case it gets lost or someone says they never received an item.

Old 03-28-2011, 02:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay thanks a lot. But doesn't weight play an issue in delivery charges? I have some fairing pieces that are beyond average size boxes, so after finding a good size box I would then have to take it to UPS or FedEx to get a price estimate right?

Old 03-29-2011, 08:31 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Most shippers have prices on line ...dimensions or weight.