Forum Help & Suggestion Center Need help with CBR Forum? Ask. Have a suggestion to better CBRF? Tell us here. DO NOT POST QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR BIKE HERE.

Postwhore section

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 01:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Postwhore section

ok then, what is your suggestion for the new rule? this isnt a monarchy, and i always want input from the members, so what do you think should be the rule about things of this nature?

Old 12-06-2005, 04:34 PM

2. There will be absolutely no post whoring anywhere in CBRF. [That's posting post without content, just a smiley or silly expression or digging up old post just to boost your post count.]
- Do not make a post entitled "Redline I need help" or "Hey so and so". If you need to speak with an individual PM them.

Old 12-07-2005, 03:34 PM

ok, i have added that line item to the rules in the new member section, and the off topic section. if you have any other ideas, feel free to post them here, or if you dont want to ask something publically, just shoot me a PM.

Old 12-07-2005, 04:01 PM

ORIGINAL: MgA_ODEN

2. There will be absolutely no post whoring anywhere in CBRF. [That's posting post without content, just a smiley or silly expression or digging up old post just to boost your post count.]
- Do not make a post entitled "Redline I need help" or "Hey so and so". If you need to speak with an individual PM them.
As a moderator on another board, I'll tell you right now stating this in your rules is one thing but enforcing would be another.

If people are truly doing it just to boost post count, then just get rid of post counts all together.

Old 12-07-2005, 07:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i agree with abadfish...
[&:]

Old 12-07-2005, 07:28 PM
Retired Mod

instead of changing everything because of a few people, deal with the problem when it happens. the only reason for "post whoring" is to boost post count and make it onto the top ten posters banner on the side of the page. anyone accused of post whoring should have their post count reset to zero. if they do it again, stiffer penaltys would need to be enforced.

ive never created or moderated a website but i think that this would be easier than changing everything.

Old 12-07-2005, 08:27 PM

So then you would have to get rid of the New Member Section. 99% of the posts there are very short. That is the only place there is a problem. Can't threads there be locked after two weeks or something?? Seems like we are getting worked up over nothing. Who cares. It only happens in one place, don't see a big deal. Hell I made a mistake and went back to some old ones, big deal. SOMEONE(Not naming anyone) can go post 20 topics a day in Sights and Sounds. HOw is that not considered post *****???

Looks as though people are pissy thier name might not be on the top 10......

Old 12-07-2005, 08:41 PM
Retired Mod

ORIGINAL: josho66

SOMEONE(Not naming anyone) can go post 20 topics a day in Sights and Sounds. HOw is that not considered post *****???
thats not post whoring. they are actually posting stuff for people to look at and laugh at. everyone understands that you feel like you have to constantly defend yourself for replying to old posts that were brought back by someone other than you. get off of it. the problem is with the people who originally brought back all those old posts. not with the many people who thought that they were new and welcomed them.

Old 12-07-2005, 09:59 PM

ORIGINAL: Patrick

ok, i have added that line item to the rules in the new member section, and the off topic section. if you have any other ideas, feel free to post them here, or if you dont want to ask something publically, just shoot me a PM.
Thanks Patrick

ORIGINAL: abadfish

If people are truly doing it just to boost post count, then just get rid of post counts all together.
Also a good idea.

ORIGINAL: josho66

So then you would have to get rid of the New Member Section. 99% of the posts there are very short. That is the only place there is a problem.
Your missing the point and it seems like we are beating a dead horse in here now .
Probably a good time to lock this topic and move on to the fun stuff ................... like posting pic of our rides [&:]

Old 12-07-2005, 10:05 PM
Retired Mod

Your missing the point and it seems like we are beating a dead horse in here now .
Probably a good time to lock this topic and move on to the fun stuff ................... like posting pic of our rides [&:]

i second that motion

Quick Reply: Postwhore section