Forum Help & Suggestion Center Need help with CBR Forum? Ask. Have a suggestion to better CBRF? Tell us here. DO NOT POST QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR BIKE HERE.

PM system is ineffective

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 12:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PM system is ineffective

I dont know if this has been brought to anyones attention or not, but I"m noticing that the PM system on this site is extremely frustrating. What I mean by this is, on other sites, when you've got a new PM, it will show a number where its something like You have 1 new message, or a number next to the inbox word that says Inbox (1) or something like this.

here this isnt the case. hell I'm not even recieving the PM popup notifying me of a new message half the time, NOR was I recieving the email when I had that activated.

I find this excessively irritating, considering most other forums you can get a message and it shows at least a number or something on the page indicating you've got a PM.

Old 09-04-2008, 12:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: PM system is ineffective

ORIGINAL: Hurricane rider

I dont know if this has been brought to anyones attention or not, but I"m noticing that the PM system on this site is extremely frustrating. What I mean by this is, on other sites, when you've got a new PM, it will show a number where its something like You have 1 new message, or a number next to the inbox word that says Inbox (1) or something like this.

here this isnt the case. hell I'm not even recieving the PM popup notifying me of a new message half the time, NOR was I recieving the email when I had that activated.

I find this excessively irritating, considering most other forums you can get a message and it shows at least a number or something on the page indicating you've got a PM.
Hang tight, they are 'suppose' to be upgrading to VBulletin n get off the ancient asp BS.

Old 09-04-2008, 01:54 PM

thats good. I figured out the email notification issue. I was lookin at wrong email, but still the software we're on SUCKS *****. I'd call it 1990's tech at best.

Old 09-04-2008, 01:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you should ask for your money back.

Old 09-05-2008, 02:15 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

PM system is the one aspect of this board that does function correctly. I get a bazillion PMs a day along with e-mails saying I got a PM then I log in and get a pop-up saying I got a PM. So if it ain't working for you ....[sm=icon_rtfm.gif]

Just kiddin ... we are all anxiously awaiting our upgrade ... until then please refrain from mentioning sucking ***** ... it just gets us too excited.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:09 PM

Aussies are funny. My small, humble hope is that the Search function gains improvement with the upgrade. I expect that it will, so I shall make no mention of *****, or the sucking thereof. Thank you.