Forum Help & Suggestion Center Need help with CBR Forum? Ask. Have a suggestion to better CBRF? Tell us here. DO NOT POST QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR BIKE HERE.

photo in signature

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2005, 11:28 PM
Retired Mod
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default photo in signature

ive noticed many people have pictures for their signature. how exactly do you do this and does the file need to be a certain format or size? please explain this as simply as possible (i have a -2 iq when it comes to computer issues.) thanks

Old 12-25-2005, 01:09 PM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: photo in signature

in the signature box on your profile setup page, use the [ image ] ... [ /image ] tags with the internet address of whatever picture you want to use in the signature. (eg: "http://www.pictureplace.com/mypics/forumsig.jpg") so basically, your only challenge is to have an image you want to use stored somewhere on the internet.

Old 12-25-2005, 04:43 PM
Retired Administrator

perfect answer....

Old 12-27-2005, 03:21 AM

Basically you'll need a photo account that allows hosting on other websites. Some are restricted and won't copy over. You may want to try creating a photbucket account. That is what I use.

Old 12-27-2005, 04:51 AM
Retired Mod

ORIGINAL: pitsvtec

Basically you'll need a photo account that allows hosting on other websites. Some are restricted and won't copy over. You may want to try creating a photbucket account. That is what I use.
thanks for the responses.unfortunately the only digi cam i have is on my cell phone so im limited to whatever i find online. by the way, i really like the banner that you created pits. very personal and organized. was it hard to put together and how did you do it?

Old 03-22-2006, 04:04 PM

Not sure if this worked, nope still nothing????WTF

Old 03-22-2006, 04:08 PM

still nothing???, never mind, I got it!

Old 03-31-2006, 12:52 AM

Ok somebodys gotta help me out here. I think I'm doing everything right, but obviously not since theres still no pic! I go into my profile, go to the 'signature' box, click on the PGD Code button and copy the image tabs. Then I copy the IMG adress from my photobucket account and paste it into the tabs. Am I doing everything right. or am I missing something?

Old 03-31-2006, 07:16 AM
Retired Administrator

Opie... change the address from photobucket to use image instead of img in there link. That should work. If not PM me and I'll help you out. I'll be out of two for the weekend so it'll take me a few days to get back to you.

Old 03-31-2006, 02:26 PM

crap! i am so computer illiterate its not even funny! ok, so this whole time i've been talking about my signature, i've actually meant my avatar. i thought the signature was the pic that went to the left of the post, and the avatar was the pic that went below it. ok, so now that i figured that out, i can get it no problem, but i do have 1 more question: what size does the pic have to be for my avatar?

Quick Reply: photo in signature