CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Forum Help & Suggestion Center (https://cbrforum.com/forum/forum-help-suggestion-center-8/)
-   -   negitivity around here (https://cbrforum.com/forum/forum-help-suggestion-center-8/negitivity-around-here-98861/)

johnnyx 08-12-2009 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by CBRclassic (Post 822375)
How exactly did you arrive at that conclusion ?. . .If you mean "allot" by perhaps referring to lets say 5-10 posts per day that you might see as negative

Really. I honestly do want to know what set you off so hard so fast. I spend HOURS a day on this forum, and it's very rare I see the kind of behavior you're referring to. Can you post some links?

I think my post count is a bit high for the short period of time I've been here (just slightly longer than you), but you'd think that would increase the amount of negative responses I get to my posts. But, I get so few that I could actually tell you WHO posted them, and what the topic was. I started out here with my first post asking a stupid question that I now see someone new asking once a week, and yet was met with nothing but multiple helpful people. Hell, PlayfulGod up there was one of them, and he's since helped me with several other projects. This is, by far, the best forum I have ever been a member on, regardless of topic or content.

PlayfulGod 08-12-2009 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by chainstretcher (Post 822449)
PG -- you'd better been smiling when you typed that :D

Of course I was :icon_wink:

PlayfulGod 08-12-2009 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by johnnyx (Post 822499)
Really. I honestly do want to know what set you off so hard so fast. I spend HOURS a day on this forum, and it's very rare I see the kind of behavior you're referring to. Can you post some links?

I think my post count is a bit high for the short period of time I've been here (just slightly longer than you), but you'd think that would increase the amount of negative responses I get to my posts. But, I get so few that I could actually tell you WHO posted them, and what the topic was. I started out here with my first post asking a stupid question that I now see someone new asking once a week, and yet was met with nothing but multiple helpful people. Hell, PlayfulGod up there was one of them, and he's since helped me with several other projects. This is, by far, the best forum I have ever been a member on, regardless of topic or content.

I do try :icon_wink: And the majority of my post are from helping others. And yes I am prolly one of the mentioned 'negative' posters he is referring to, but, after I state my opinion on said question I will help if I know of a way to. :icon_wink:

I'm blunt, dont candy coat shyt for nobody, and alot of ppl take that as me being a a$$hole, well I am but lol, I'm not alwasy trying to come off that way with my post. When someone ask how to do something that will do nuttin to improve the bike but rather hinder it, I say it will hinder it. :icon_playing:

CBRclassic 08-12-2009 04:26 PM

so MODS relax, and dont be so defensive,
Well why bother to post up about it if you did not want us to react or reply with the facts about this place Deadsp0t :icon_doh:
Defensive ?? WTF do you think our job is here ... This thread is a haveago or hang a little chit one so ....yu get what yu asked for mate ...LOL

and Jonny , yer , om still hurtin about that comment from a while ago ..
...sob sob sob as I sit and wonder why me ?...why me ?.......:icon_couch: lol

chainstretcher 08-12-2009 09:36 PM

Ya, it's true ... he takes one for the team out here and acts stoically but in the moderators room he's just a mess. With all the "why does everyone hate me" and the crying it's a wonder we ever get him out from behind the couch :icon_teeth:

It's o.k. Steve ... you are a valuable member and a team player. And I am a nazi. I'll never forget the sting of THAT comment :icon_angel:

Originally Posted by CBRclassic (Post 822547)
Well why bother to post up about it if you did not want us to react or reply with the facts about this place Deadsp0t :icon_doh:
Defensive ?? WTF do you think our job is here ... This thread is a haveago or hang a little chit one so ....yu get what yu asked for mate ...LOL

and Jonny , yer , om still hurtin about that comment from a while ago ..
...sob sob sob as I sit and wonder why me ?...why me ?.......:icon_couch: lol

deadsp0t 08-13-2009 12:59 AM

the root

one. stecher read my post. i said i know thats your job. relax. classic relax too and lets get to the root of my actual fustration which is, is there any way to moniter threads that are one or two post with nothing relavent. i understand going back and sorting would be unrealistic i guess but moving forward, so searchs dnt become mind numbing.

even if you were able to go to a certin section and get only results from that section, or maybe an option.

and as for my dumbass 1st post i realise it wasnt a great question or idea, proly never live it down around here LoL but iam not looking for enemy here iam here for info and insight. i have a 40 thousand mile 91 F2 gona need lots info LoL

irocthestreet 08-13-2009 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by deadsp0t (Post 822692)
i have a 40 thousand mile 91 F2 gona need lots info LoL

sell it and buy a 1000rr

johnnyx 08-13-2009 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by deadsp0t (Post 822692)
even if you were able to go to a certin section and get only results from that section, or maybe an option.

. . . Advanced Search absolutely allows you to do this.

johnnyx 08-13-2009 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by irocthestreet (Post 822717)
sell it and buy a 1000rr

OMG. :icon_eek:

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

cageless 08-13-2009 11:28 AM

Someone needs to post the link to the thread of classic being called a child molester! haha