CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Forum Help & Suggestion Center (https://cbrforum.com/forum/forum-help-suggestion-center-8/)
-   -   negitivity around here (https://cbrforum.com/forum/forum-help-suggestion-center-8/negitivity-around-here-98861/)

deadsp0t 08-11-2009 11:42 PM

negitivity around here

i do more reading here then posting, alot of GREAT info if you look. but i have to say in the course of my reading there is alot of negitivity here. example people ask about mods/upgrades/swaps body and motor stuff and the first thing most post is thats a bad idea or that wont work. granted E1 has an opinion and they are free to post said opinion. but how about instead of beating your opinions onto other people how about making realavent suggestions. example when some asks about swaping in a bigger motor dnt just say 'buy a liter bike' what you work for a dealer? a swap may not always be simple but it beats the hell out of paying 10 grand for a new 1000cc, not to mention the insurance differance, maybe the idea is not realistic, so find away to help them massage it into a realistic idea. the morale is 'buy a new or bigger bike' is a bad unthought out answer that they probably already herd before they came here, hence them coming here to look for ideas. so dont hate cause you didnt think of it, let people with old bikes and new ideas for them have at it.. just my observation (not opinion) of how alot of threads go around here.. o and iam sure some ass is gona jump right in on this and pound me for saying what alot of people think but dnt have the balls to say, but if its you who jumps on me then maybe your the ass who says 'thats stupid', or 'buy a liter bike'.:icon_urinal:

deadsp0t 08-11-2009 11:45 PM

o and let me stop you before you start with you dnt have to pay 10k for a 1000cc, you still gota pay the insurance.... if you post just to nit pick my 1st post you might also be that ass i spoke of.

chainstretcher 08-12-2009 03:47 AM

This place is like romper room compared to most motorcycle forums. A few peeps here and there will bash about everything mentioned on the forum but they usually don't last too long at CBRF.

Now, if you're wanting to turbo charge a 600 then you're gonna get the "buy a liter bike" answer :icon_doh: But that's not a cop out answer or smart alecky reply, just common sense.

CBRclassic 08-12-2009 07:54 AM

"alot of negitivity here." ?? hmm...
Personally I would suggest that , that is not the case on the whole at all by far ..

Just because the vast majority of members here are pretty much happy with the std CBR's, with maybe only a few off the shelf Mods ... that does not make them negative about more radical Mods...:icon_doh:
I think it is worth noting also , that because CBR's come in so many different sizes and because the prices range from dirt cheap to very expensive , that the majority of the time , peeps tend to buy the one that they want, suits them and can afford from the start...then just upgrade when it suits there circumstances..
This does not make things like engine up sizing/swap outs ect bad , but it does make it a rare occurrence ...and that explains the reaction that you will see from time to time on these types of subjects here..

As the Stretcher said ...compared with quite allot of other bike forums , this place is not only a positive environment for posting 99% of the time , but it is a very friendly place most of the time as well in comparison...

and iam sure some ass is gona jump right in on this and pound me for saying what alot of people think
How exactly did you arrive at that conclusion ?
With hundreds of members on every day here , ......mate you with 40 posts only must send a chit load of PMs out to come to that conclusion ..

If you mean "allot" by perhaps referring to lets say 5-10 posts per day that you might see as negative , then we still are doing bloody well considering the sheer amount of posts put up every 24hrs here ...

BTW - if anyone pounds you in this thread , it will only be because they think you might be a little bit wrong in your assessment of this place as far as negativity goes...:icon_wink:

deadsp0t 08-12-2009 10:04 AM

see.. chainstretcher i know what your refering to and that is not even why i started this thread, i understand that. search f2 900r swap. any threads that would appear to be realevent are all 1 reply threads that say 'search it' or not worth the time,when i have read other threads that say o its easy just search it there are multipul write ups on that, where? who has time to read through two dozen pages of that wont work to find something relevent? no i dont send alot of pm's, besides what does that have to do with anything i said in my 1st posts? i love this site, the way it works , and most of the people, its just cumbersome to look through all the virtually useless threads to find the info. of course MODS have a responsability to come to the defense of the forum i understand that, but i know iam not the only one to come across these issues? id like to hear what non affiliated members have to say.

deadsp0t 08-12-2009 10:17 AM

and what does my post count have to do with anything? i do searches, and go to different sections of the forum looking for threads to read. i am in no contest to see how many posts i can make. thats just lame, and clogs stuff up(what i guess iam really complianing about). LET ME RESTATE CLEARLY THAT ALMOST 100% OF THE TIME THINGS ARE FREINDLY AND USEFUL HERE AND I ENJOY THIS SITE. so MODS relax, and dont be so defensive, iam not site bashing just making my own observation, in the section of the forum dedicated for threads/info of this nature. thanks for your time.

PlayfulGod 08-12-2009 11:17 AM

Alot of how we the members reply to a question has alot to do with the attitude of the poster. Now if the OP post up a question on how to swap a 900RR motor into their F2, alot of ppl will say just go buy a 1k, including myself. Why? one because unless you are strickly using the bike for drag racing or god forbid street racing, it will totally thru everything about the bike off. @ the frame wasnt designed for the power output, the suspension wasnt design for the added weight or the power output. And 3rd 9 out of ten engine swaps require custom mounts which relocate the engine or old mounts cut off and new ones welded one. Now when you add the expense of all the above up, you could have just bought a used 1k, have a more reliable, dependable, and safer bike. The insurance excuse dont fly with me, cant afford to play, dont play IMO.

Now my reply to most such post, is usually why? Esp on extended swingarm threads, esp when they say they love railing twisties. Extended swingarms+railing twisties= just dont go together well.

My bike is modded out the ass, just look at it ;) So I'm not against modding a bike, just some mods make sense and others dont and they all are realtive to its intended purpose. :)

chainstretcher 08-12-2009 11:43 AM

PG -- you'd better been smiling when you typed that :D

johnnyx 08-12-2009 01:46 PM

I'm gonna start a thread on how the Forum Help section has turned into nothing more than a place for disgruntled members to vent about other disgruntled members. Ironic how the Help section rarely has anyone actually looking for help. it doesn't result in some of the more hilarious threads on this forum, though. My fav is still that dude calling CBRClassic a child molester. I lol'd ALL DAY. :icon_couchhide:

johnnyx 08-12-2009 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by chainstretcher (Post 822347)
But that's not a cop out answer or smart alecky reply, just common sense.

I think that's an excellent point that most people on this entire forum never take into consideration: "WHAT'S YOUR TIME WORTH?" I personally have the opportunity to do engineering work on the weekends, and my day rate is (not bragging, just need it for the math) $1k. If I choose to take that day and spend all of it working on my bike, was the effort I put into it, money I saved, and amount I learned from the experience worth $1k? Sometimes it is, like learning to remove, dismantle, and clean carbs is an excellent skill to have, and I'm glad I did it instead of paying a shop. Now, I have a broken throttle cable. Am I going to spend 2 hours gutting the bike for the 9th time just to attach a stupid cable, or am I going to pay the shop $150 for it? I'm gonna pay the shop (but that's me).

So, using the "900RR motor on an F2" example: Assuming you don't do this sort of thing all the time, you're probably going to spend a full (cumulative) week on it, and in the end it's going to look like crap, just cuz of all the OTHER stuff you'd have to do (fuel pump, DAI system, I dunno). That's $7k that could easily buy you a liter bike, or even a mint condition 900rr and have change left over. Yeah, it's cool to say you did it, but by that point, even non-bikers are going to be asking. . . "why?"

I'm not against mods. the main reason I love this forum is because of how mod-feriendly it is. Hell, I posted a how-to on adding a USB port to your bike. How dumb is that? But it got plenty of positive responses.