Forum Help & Suggestion Center Need help with CBR Forum? Ask. Have a suggestion to better CBRF? Tell us here. DO NOT POST QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR BIKE HERE.

Mod please help - ISP not getting notifications

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 08:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mod please help - ISP not getting notifications

I haven’t been able to get e-mail notifications to my normal e-mail addy from this forum, ever since the new look website was implemented. I can get notifications to my hotmail address (but that is really inconvenient for me), so I’m sure I haven’t made a mistake in the setup. I assume therefore that they are getting cut off somewhere else, so I’ve asked my ISP to troubleshoot his, and they say that there's nothing coming into their server from CBRforum.com.

PLEASE can one of the mods put their hand up and give me their contact details so my ISP tecchie can contact them to troubleshoot this? THANKS!!! Feel free to have a look at my CP but I reckon everything's OK, including instant e-mail notification, address etc etc etc.

Old 05-17-2009, 12:40 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What Classic said ... I have brought this issue up with the tech peeps but so far no solution. Any extension beyond, com, net, gov or edu just gets lost.

Old 05-17-2009, 06:14 PM

Hey guys, I'm from Gearloose's ISP. I have tried looking into the problem. It's weird because nothing seems to be hitting our servers from the notification address. I am a bit stumped here, but who knows, could just be the internet being itself :P

Old 05-18-2009, 02:53 AM

Hey, thanks guys/girls.

OK, so 2 suggestions to the mods or whoever runs the system:
1. In the FAQ, tell us earthlings that anything other than .com .net .edu .gov etc address won't work (will save more people interrupting the mods' from their work/play)
2. Point out to whoever designed the forum that the world is wider than just the US of A! Honestly, why TF would the forum designers design it that way???? Are there too many subscribers and they want to cut the numbers down????

Its a pia maintaining other addresses - I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that.

G

Old 05-18-2009, 05:36 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN

Originally Posted by Gearloose

OK, so 2 suggestions to the mods or whoever runs the system:
1. In the FAQ, tell us earthlings that anything other than .com .net .edu .gov etc address won't work (will save more people interrupting the mods' from their work/play)
Like they'd read it

2. Point out to whoever designed the forum that the world is wider than just the US of A! Honestly, why TF would the forum designers design it that way???? Are there too many subscribers and they want to cut the numbers down????
Like I have stated, they are aware of the problem. Not sure if they know life exists outside the USA though.

Its a pia maintaining other addresses - I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that.
G
You're telling this to someone who has no less than 15 separate email addys going at any given time (and prolly needs more to keep things straight) ? I don't know how you exist with only 1

Old 05-25-2009, 08:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same problem also. and i have a simple @aol.com email

Old 05-26-2009, 11:56 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN

We've known about AOL for a while and I think it's in a FAQ somewhere on here. That is their fault ... they wanna be all proprietary and crap Hotmail, gmail, and yahoo work and are easy pleasy ...