Forum Help & Suggestion Center Need help with CBR Forum? Ask. Have a suggestion to better CBRF? Tell us here. DO NOT POST QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR BIKE HERE.

Forum loading...

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 01:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

every page on this site loads slow as ***** for me also. At first the ads would pop up and it would sit for like 3 seconds, so I thought it was the forums way of making me look at the advertisments but seriously every page taking 4 seconds to load is insane!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-29-2009, 07:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CBRclassic
Actually , you are right about the pages hanging on the adds loading at times ...I do get that 3-4 second delay and occasionally worse delays when the google adds begin to load ...
This does cause an issue because you would have noticed that the header loads and will hang for a second or so and more on the google banner , then the main index page will not load fully either until the add scripts have completely loaded

Om not quite sure if there is anyway around that ?
thats exactly what I'm talking about there lol.

Old 08-29-2009, 07:39 PM

Is there a way to make forum scripts load first , then the bloody adds Dewayne....?
I do seem to remember reading about this quite a while ago on an OSource website somewhere...
I've never dealt with cluttering a site up with ads so I dont know lol

Old 08-29-2009, 11:02 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ads pay da bills ... it is what it is I'm only on a 6 DSL at the house and CBRF loads up fast every time. At work I see what you guys are getting with the ad banner for a few seconds then everything else loads.

And enough talk about increasing the speed of the queeries ... this is a bike site. If they wanna ride then that's cool but they shouldn't get to go faster than anyone else

Old 08-30-2009, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by cbrclassic
dunno about them strange dudes gregg Me no likie dem ****ers much
.....but did i mention bbc code though ?? Lol
hahahahahaha

Old 08-30-2009, 06:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know you are only trying to help bammerman , but mate yu gotta understand what we mean here ....no one gets access or can get the developers to do nothing under a 3 year time frame ...LOL

I have been begging for one new piece of BBC code to be added for mths now , that I could add myself in about 2 minutes .....and I may as well be asking them to launch me to the bloody moon ...LOL

but thanks anyway ...
oh gotcha, figured all u guys had root access. my mistake.

Last edited by bammerman; 08-30-2009 at 06:34 PM.

Quick Reply: Forum loading...