cbr650f specific forum? - CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners


Forum Help & Suggestion Center Need help with CBR Forum? Ask. Have a suggestion to better CBRF? Tell us here..

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 02-22-2017, 11:24 AM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 28
Default cbr650f specific forum?

I live in the US and I am contemplating a cbr650f but I'm surprised that there doesn't seem to be any forums dedicated to it. Would the moderators here be willing to start a cbr650f-specific section here or is there a reason you have not? If there is another site dedicated to the US model that I missed I'm happy to just go there but I don't believe there is one.

thanks,

-morgan
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-22-2017, 12:57 PM
74demon's Avatar
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: socal 949/951
Posts: 7,030
Default

We have no problem creating new sections, provided there is a need for it. If yo do end up picking one up, then there would be a need and a new section can be created.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-22-2017, 01:01 PM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74demon View Post
We have no problem creating new sections, provided there is a need for it. If yo do end up picking one up, then there would be a need and a new section can be created.
Its a chicken-egg problem as I hesitate to buy one if I can't get support like I get with my '99 f4. Would you consider creating one to see if people use it? Say give it 90 days or similar. There have got to be cbr650f riders out there looking for a forum.

thanks for the consideration,

-morgan
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-22-2017, 01:31 PM
74demon's Avatar
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: socal 949/951
Posts: 7,030
Default

As far as I know, nobody has one that frequents our pages.

It should have it's own place, being a CBR and all.
For the time being, use the "other models" forum.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-22-2017, 01:33 PM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74demon View Post
As far as I know, nobody has one that frequents our pages.

It should have it's own place, being a CBR and all.
For the time being, use the "other models" forum.

Okay. Thanks for the response and consideration.

-morgan
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-22-2017, 01:37 PM
74demon's Avatar
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: socal 949/951
Posts: 7,030
Default

Thank you for bringing it to my attention. It's difficult to keep up with Honda and their new models with all the variations and worldwide distribution, as well as the needs of our members.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-22-2017, 01:39 PM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74demon View Post
Thank you for bringing it to my attention. It's difficult to keep up with Honda and their new models with all the variations and worldwide distribution, as well as the needs of our members.
Sure. I will say hearing that no one here has them makes me wonder if Honda is selling many in the US. I already have a bike with shrinking parts supply, I don't want another. At least there are still '99-'00 f4s and f4 knowledge out there.

-morgan
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-22-2017, 02:09 PM
74demon's Avatar
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: socal 949/951
Posts: 7,030
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by morganllj View Post
Sure. I will say hearing that no one here has them makes me wonder if Honda is selling many in the US. I already have a bike with shrinking parts supply, I don't want another. At least there are still '99-'00 f4s and f4 knowledge out there.

-morgan
I have a theory on that....

Not many people buy brand new bikes anymore. They have become ridiculously expensive in recent years. From what I've seen here, most people opt for a used bike, or even a "project". I'm guessing that a person that wants to bring a motorcycle into their life is probably the type that is not afraid to get their hands a little dirty and bond with a machine.

Besides, what fun is having a bike that doesn't need tinkering....... cough, cough, Conrice.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-22-2017, 02:25 PM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74demon View Post
I have a theory on that....

Not many people buy brand new bikes anymore. They have become ridiculously expensive in recent years. From what I've seen here, most people opt for a used bike, or even a "project". I'm guessing that a person that wants to bring a motorcycle into their life is probably the type that is not afraid to get their hands a little dirty and bond with a machine.

Besides, what fun is having a bike that doesn't need tinkering....... cough, cough, Conrice.
Somebody has to eventually or there won't be any late model, low mileage lightly used bikes for the rest of us to buy at a discount!

I know a fair number of people buy new bikes, admittedly none that would consider a CBR and usually because the dealer was steeply discounting a leftover. I seldom buy new and in the case of the 650f would likely buy used as they're out there for less-than-new money.

My suspicion is the cbr650f is too boring for many in the US. Outside of California the majority don't commute regularly so use motorcycles just for fun so they want a tourer, cruiser or race bike. There just aren't a lot of riders who want a reliable all-arounder and they already have an SV650, Honda twin or Kawi twin.

Also on paper the cbr650f doesn't offer much over the f4 or f4i. ABS and newness, in the case of the f4, fuel injection.

Regardless if there are cbr650f owners out there speak up!

-morgan
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-22-2017, 02:31 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: kingston jamaica
Posts: 11
Default 2006 Honda cbr600rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74demon View Post
We have no problem creating new sections, provided there is a need for it. If yo do end up picking one up, then there would be a need and a new section can be created.
i have a honda cbr600 and it's not starting I changed the spark plugs and the startex check the battery and it's charged but it won't turn over
Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2016 cbr650f abs exhaust NickLande New Member Area 2 09-03-2016 07:49 PM
So how bout the new CBR650f and Interceptor 800 MistahJuice Off Topic 12 07-08-2014 08:45 AM
New search engine- Forum Specific bergs Off Topic 6 12-27-2007 07:37 PM
Honda specific gear Power2weight Off Topic 5 07-24-2005 02:14 PM
Mods section? Bike specific. Anubis Forum Help & Suggestion Center 4 07-22-2005 01:25 PM


Tags
cbr650f

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:25 AM.