F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Are You a Squid?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 02:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Are You a Squid?

I wear jeans/khakis, gloves, helmet, back protector, mesh or textile jacket and my regular shoes. Not the best setup, but not the worst either.

Old 07-01-2006, 04:00 AM

ORIGINAL: insidejoke

You can’t go to the store and buy skin…so you might as well buy a jacket!

Jacket/Jeans/Helmet/Gloves/Boots
Nicely Said...i guess since i started this, i should say what i wear...
Leather jacket, Jeans when riding around town (Textile on really hot days)
Full Leathers when strictly riding backroads and not making any stops
I will say i have gone tshirt and shorts once but i felt too vulnerable and will never do it again

Old 07-01-2006, 11:30 AM

Always full gear. I have gear for the cold and hot. No matter how hot I still wear full mesh gear.
That's on my F4i or my ST1300.

hwnf4i......Why would you ride your sport bike with full gear but when you ride the cruiser you don't wear a helmet. Cars do pull out in front of cruisers you know.

Jim

Old 07-01-2006, 01:07 PM

I like the one about riding naked!! ya hoo!!!.......seriously though I used to ride t-shirt shorts tenni's, then I got smart and got the riding jeans and LEATHER jak, feel alot safer

Old 07-01-2006, 02:22 PM

anybody have those draggin jeans?

Old 07-01-2006, 02:52 PM

hwnf4i......Why would you ride your sport bike with full gear but when you ride the cruiser you don't wear a helmet. Cars do pull out in front of cruisers you know.
Good question. You can’t be too careful out there. You always have to watch out for everyone else because not everyone else watches out for you! If something happens on WHATEVER you're on you should be protected.

Old 07-01-2006, 03:05 PM

Well I'm a squid because I want to learn how to do wheelies and I should DIE and give my bike to someone else because I dont deserve it and I'm a squid. Well thats according to some of the people on this forum. Anyway I wear helmet, cortech textile jacket, and jeans/khaki shorts/dress pants (when I take the bike to work). My next investment will be gloves I will hopefully have enough money to get a nice pair when I take my bike in for the 600mile maintenance (at 525 right now and I dont even have the $250 for the maintenance =( o well). Just a question for you guys though. Whats wrong with wearing tennis shoes like a pair of kswiss? I dont race. /shrug
Mike

Old 07-01-2006, 05:35 PM

I wear my Jacket, Helmet, and Gloves everywhere I go. Unless I take long trips I dont wear my pants and i dont have any boots yet. I'd like to invest in a full set of leathers with matching gloves and boots. Probably all in Black and Grey.

I have slid down the road doin about 70 so I have kinda learned my lesson

Old 07-01-2006, 05:41 PM

ORIGINAL: snowboarding82

Well I'm a squid because I want to learn how to do wheelies and I should DIE and give my bike to someone else because I dont deserve it and I'm a squid. Well thats according to some of the people on this forum. Anyway I wear helmet, cortech textile jacket, and jeans/khaki shorts/dress pants (when I take the bike to work). My next investment will be gloves I will hopefully have enough money to get a nice pair when I take my bike in for the 600mile maintenance (at 525 right now and I dont even have the $250 for the maintenance =( o well). Just a question for you guys though. Whats wrong with wearing tennis shoes like a pair of kswiss? I dont race. /shrug
Mike
Usually if you low side, as this being a common crash, your feet will get caught under the bike and slide on the pavement. if you wear tennis shoes or anything "low top", you can kiss goodbye your ankle bone. Wearing work boots or racing boots will protect your ankle (hopefully) a little better

Old 07-01-2006, 05:45 PM

Hey Jim I geuss that would make me a SQUID .. Do I know the dangers of riding without gear.. YES!! At any given moment something can happen... I am very open to the gear or no gear debate and support "both" . In no way do I think I am Mr. super rider but I do enjoy riding and the different types of riding prefferences along with the great people that ride whatever it is they ride. Here is one thing I will not do no matter what... pack someone without them having at least longsleeve shirt, helmet, gloves, jeans, boots. As an American it is a choice I make to ride without gear but it is also a choice I make that if you ride with me that you "have to have it".

Quick Reply: Are You a Squid?