F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Yoshimura or Two Bros??????

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 03:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2 bros sounds better while idling and under 4k, but what the hell are you doing hanging out there? They really lose overall decibels above that, though they are deeper through the entire range. The yosh is going to give that more face-melting classic supersport sound at a higher dB rating, but that may not be of interest to you at all. As far as looks go, I personally think the 2 bros looks kindof junky, though they certainly aren't in actuality.

Old 08-11-2009, 08:51 PM

+1 on the 2 Bros looking a little crappy. I have a carbon fiber yoshi and couldnt be happier with it. When i was lookin at slip ons i saw a couple pictures with the 2 bros and the midpipe looked funny, like it was too long or too thin or something. It was quite possibly just the pictures i saw but its worth mentioning cause i was in the same boat as you not too long ago.

Last edited by Jerzdan; 08-11-2009 at 08:52 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-11-2009, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by purpleslug
D&D is F ing loud!
yeah it was...which is why I went with the 2bros carbon slip-on to match my blacked out with carbon paint scheme. I like the 2bros but wish it sounded just a little meaner like the D&D but just not that loud.

Old 08-12-2009, 01:05 AM

Two Brother M5. The M5 sounds better than the M2 (even though many say they sound the same - Aken - they don't). M5 is a deeper and smoother tone.

Just my .02

Old 08-19-2009, 04:36 AM

D n D is too loud and a waste of time!!

@ bros alllll the way bro!

no offense but the carbon fiber starts to look like crap after awhile---stick with chrommmmme.

Old 08-19-2009, 08:39 AM

I bought my F4i with the yosh TRS on it and that was the first thing to go.. I actually have a scorpion extreme CF shorty on mine and that sounds awesome.. But if your set between the two go two bros.. I know a lot of guys that have the full systems on their bike and they are amazing. Good luck on what ever you do!

Old 08-21-2009, 11:00 AM

Thanks to everyone for your replies...... I like the way the Yoshi looks but I like the idea of a lower pitch growl from the Two Bros...... I also like that the Honda race team used Two Bros before......

The looks are close with a slight edge to Yoshi.....
If everyone is correct the sound advantage goes to Two Bros......
Honda race team using Two Bros......
Based on this information I am leaning towards the Two Bros.......

I would look at other brands but for price I think one of these would be the way to go and it looks like Two Bros is the ultimate affordable way to go in my opinion.......

If anyone wants to add more, please do.......

One thing I should probably mention is that I am trying to get away from a loud pipe....... I am running a straight pipe right now & I don't even want to get on the thing until I get a quieter pipe...... That said I still want it to sound mean but low enough decibels were you can focus on riding, not that annoying, monotone, constant, roar.......

Thanks Again,
Joe

Last edited by CHEMISTRANGER; 08-21-2009 at 11:08 AM.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:34 PM

two bro's are better for sound

Old 08-21-2009, 11:34 PM

Level one racing

http://www.leveloneracing.com/

Very loud, very deep, 10x better looking than any other pipe out there. I went with the 10" and it is very loud. At idle it drowns out any other bike I have been around. Sounds incredible, deep, loud, growl. My friend has a Jardine pipe which is a ncie volume level for cruising, but too high pitch for me. Did I mention how incredible this pipe is?

Level one racing 10" two.six.zero core

/end thread

Old 08-21-2009, 11:36 PM

Quick Reply: Yoshimura or Two Bros??????