F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

yoshimura trs exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 10:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: yoshimura trs exhaust

well I only listen to the race techs thank god and not people on the net to help me decide on my exhaust.You guys can claim whatever you want,but when a race tech who builds hondas tells me the charts tested on bikes and the top 2 are akra/arata.I'm going to listen to him instead of people who THINK they know what they are talking about

Old 01-12-2007, 01:50 AM

ORIGINAL: wsideshow

well I only listen to the race techs thank god and not people on the net to help me decide on my exhaust.You guys can claim whatever you want,but when a race tech who builds hondas tells me the charts tested on bikes and the top 2 are akra/arata.I'm going to listen to him instead of people who THINK they know what they are talking about
FULL SYSTEMS, not slip ons. We've asked for dyno charts that you referenced. Where are they?

Old 01-12-2007, 01:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

actually...you do get 'some' gains with slip on...but it needs to be tuned. your peak HP may not change, but you can pick up a few in various areas of the powerband.

yes...akra and arata are all about hondas...lots of testing on race bikes...and your tech is most likely right...but when dealing with slip ons for street use, any that won't leak or fall apart on you will do.

BUT...akra and arata and moriwaki and some other bling brands do have way top notch quality and finish.

Old 01-12-2007, 01:45 PM

yes, well said Tahoe. A couple (maybe, but doubtful, depending on tuning, etc.) horsepower difference over a limited RPM range with likely detrimental effect on torque over the same RPM range equals squat for difference in the real world. Heck, realistically, how many of us can ride well enough to use, let alone notice, any difference anyway?

Sure, Akra and Arata are awesome, but that doesn't mean Yoshi or Micron or 2 Bros are junk...and that is the position of our friend wsideshow.

Old 01-12-2007, 02:32 PM

i can ride well enough to notice and use the difference...
you guys may not...muahhaha...

no those other pipes aren't junk...i don't believe the akra slip on yields greater HP than the others as was claimed though...

but FTW...TAHOE HAS AN AKRA EVO TITANIUM F/S...

Old 01-12-2007, 03:20 PM

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC
but FTW...TAHOE HAS AN AKRA EVO TITANIUM F/S...
lol...thanks for rubbing it in!

Old 01-12-2007, 03:54 PM

Well, if it takes 1HP to move every 7lbs of weight, than I think pretty much anyone in the 160-200lbs range would really notice 4hp diffrence. That would mean that a kid who weight 160 would probably pull away from a 188 guy on an identical bike rather quickly, however if the 188lb guy had the 4hp boost, he would be able to stay neck and neck (assuming they both ride the same as well)

Old 01-12-2007, 04:42 PM

ORIGINAL: K0NPHL1C7
Well, if it takes 1HP to move every 7lbs of weight, ...
as an engineer, I've never heard of anything like that. As HP is a power measurement, not force, time has to be a factor in anything referring to HP. Even if the above is true (it is incomplete at best), then you must consider that 7 lbs is barely over 1% of the totalweight of rider plus bike. Are you claiming that the average rider (or even a fairly advanced one) can ride this bike to within 3 or 4% of it's maximum? I'll bet there are less than 5 guys on this board who have the capability of riding their bikes that hard/well. Riding skill will always trump a little more power.

Old 01-12-2007, 07:38 PM

Wow who knew a simple exhaust opinion question could stir up such a debate. Thanks to everyone who replied. I'm going to get the TRS before the spring.

Old 01-12-2007, 07:58 PM

here's another debate...

WHY BEFORE SPRING? WHY NOT NOW?
muahahah...

TRS is a good system...yosh has pretty good QA/QC...can't say the same for other types of pipes.

you'll be happy with it fo sho!

Quick Reply: yoshimura trs exhaust