F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

yoshimura trs exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 12:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: yoshimura trs exhaust

I have a TRS and really like it. Not too loud at low rpm's, but get on it and it screams. Check out my gallery for pics.

Old 01-04-2007, 06:54 PM

almost got this same pipe till I saw it dyno'd against other pipes.Really isn't great when you get alot more hp from a akropovick and arata

Old 01-06-2007, 04:51 PM

were did you see it dyno'd against other pipes? What pipe are you running now?

Old 01-06-2007, 06:02 PM

Yeah, I'd like to see the dyno chartshowing the differences too. I don't believe that there is going to be any real difference in all of the slip-ons HP-wise. The only way to really make a significant difference in HP via exhaust mod is going with a full system, and then you are going to have to have a Power Commander with a custom map to see the difference.

Also, with a full system, as I understand it, the bike runs more like a race bike. Lower torque at lower rpm, and higher HP but only way up in the RPM band. I really question whether or not there is any real benefit for street riding.

You can't go wrong with any of the big names. Its about appearance and sound for the slip-ons.

Old 01-10-2007, 12:44 PM

ORIGINAL: woogie
You can't go wrong with any of the big names. Its about appearance and sound for the slip-ons.
+1 on that woogie.
And just so you know, there are dozens of dyno charts out there and they all give you different numbers for "before" and "after" performance. Truth is every bike is different - my stock '03 F4i could be acouple HP different than your stock '03 F4i.
All slip-ons are going to yield similar gains in HP and torque. And let's be honest, are we as novice riders (and by that I mean our name isn't Rossi, Hayden, Spies, Mladin) going to notice a 2-4 HP increase? Go for style and sound and be happy with your decision.

My $0.02

Old 01-10-2007, 01:45 PM

ORIGINAL: jjkukla

+1 on that woogie.
And just so you know, there are dozens of dyno charts out there and they all give you different numbers for "before" and "after" performance. Truth is every bike is different - my stock '03 F4i could be acouple HP different than your stock '03 F4i.
All slip-ons are going to yield similar gains in HP and torque. And let's be honest, are we as novice riders (and by that I mean our name isn't Rossi, Hayden, Spies, Mladin) going to notice a 2-4 HP increase? Go for style and sound and be happy with your decision.

My $0.02

Couldn't have said it better!

Old 01-10-2007, 01:57 PM

ORIGINAL: jjkukla

+1 on that woogie.

My $0.02
Just to clarify.... I wasn't indicating that there weren't dyno charts available, I was only taking issue with the claim of existence of dyno charts that showed much larger gains in HP for Akra and Arata over all of the others. No slip-on dyno I've ever seen showed much HP improvement.

Old 01-10-2007, 02:35 PM

OH I know that woogie... I am in total agreement with you. When I said "And just so you know..."I wasn't referring toYOU in particular- I was referring to anyone and everyone who throws the statement out there "Well I saw this dyno chart... blah blah blah..." Yea well we all have seen those dyno charts.

Old 01-11-2007, 08:55 PM
IDL

Here you go: clicky
Damn that sounds much better than my crap stock exhaust..
I know what I'll be looking at this summer

Old 01-11-2007, 09:18 PM

Whats the advantage of having a Full System instead of a Slip On Exhaust? Advantage & Disadvantages.

Thanks

Quick Reply: yoshimura trs exhaust