F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

yosh slipon install help quick

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 06:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yosh slipon install help quick

Never thought I'd come here for help installing a slip-on.

Bought a yosh slip-on. Pulled the stock muffler/pipe off no problems.. Removed the gaskets.attempting to install the slip-on I found the slip-on and header are the same diameter.. I compared the yosh pipe to the stock pipe and found the stock pipe is flarred out to slip over the header. The yosh pipe is flarred inward and is the same diameter as the header....Am I missing something here? Is there suppossed to be another pipe to slip over both the slipon and header? Do I have the wrong pipe?

Old 07-29-2008, 07:02 PM
Default RE: yosh slipon install help quick

so.. umm... what exactly did you need help with again?

Old 07-29-2008, 07:07 PM

ORIGINAL: reaper2022

so.. umm... what exactly did you need help with again?
havin g issu es posti ng. Edit ing to add one line at a time to thre ad to see whic h wo rds werent allowing me to post
original post is now complete

Old 07-29-2008, 07:13 PM

yeah, the forums have been pretty touchy with certain words lately... hope it gets fixed soon.

Anyway, you might have the wrong pipe. Im not sure about yoshis, but my d&d flares out to fit over the header.

(btw, u.se the preview button to see if your post is going to make it through... and check the "help & suggestion" section, we have a decent list going of words that p**s the forums off lol)

Old 07-29-2008, 07:44 PM

Thanks for the help. I'll check out the help section.

Here's a few pics of what i've got. You can see the difference in the tips. It's an ebay auction, so I'll e-mail the seller...Any yosh owners out there?

Old 07-29-2008, 09:35 PM

I just installed a Yoshi RS-3 slip on and that is not how the tip of mine was. It is supposed to get larger at the end to fit over the header pipe. they must have sent you the wrong or defective slip on.

Old 07-29-2008, 10:09 PM

Turns out it has a ca at the end of the part #. The listing stated "*BRAND NEW BOXED & SEALED*
HONDA CBR600 4i 2001-2006
YOSHIMURA STAINLESS STEEL SLIP ONEXHAUST
YOSHIMURA PART # 12155255-CA"

Turns out the part # has a ca at the end of it meaning it is a california part. Who knew? I didn't even check the part #... I assumed since the listing said quote "2001-2006 F4I" that it would fit 2001-2006 F4I...assumed since probably 90% of F4I's are not cali spec that it would state that it was a cali part somewhere in the auction..Guess I should have checked the part # on yosh's website.....my fault? Am I a dumbarse? What do you think? Honestly, I didn't even look at the part #. I read the description and made sure it was for a slip-on and not a gimmick likke a picture of a slip-on, then purchased it...Didn't even look at the part #.
So..Is this my fault?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=160264510623

Old 07-29-2008, 10:30 PM

Hopefully the seller will correct their mistake because thats the same part # as mine..
My description was:
To fit:HONDA2001-2007 CBR600F4I/ 49 STATE & CA MODELS
Part# 1215255-CA

Old 07-29-2008, 10:38 PM

ORIGINAL: wannaride

Hopefully the seller will correct their mistake because thats the same part # as mine..
My description was:[align=center]To fit:HONDA2001-2007 CBR600F4I/ 49 STATE & CA MODELS[/align][align=center]Part# 1215255-CA[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]
Really?
So 49 state and CA models both have the same tip?
I'm going out to check and see if there are any other part#'s other than the one stamped on the midpipe.

The seller contacted me back and told me that it is aCAonly model PER the part #...
I simply ordered the wrong part.
If he says it is a CA part # onlyand therefore won't exchange it and it turns out to be completely the wrong part I wonder what'll happen then.

EDIT: I'm looking at other auctions and they have this same part #, but state this is for a CA model...Wannaride do you have a link to the auction that states 49 states and CA models?

Old 07-29-2008, 11:12 PM

The seller suggested that I contact yosh and order a midpipe from them. He states he will reimburse me the cost of the midpipe. IF he backs that up with real actions such as a reimbursement I will be completely impressed...I've also e-mailed yosh, so we'll see what happens..They are located in Chino, CA right wher the earthquake hit, so I hope they will be able to answer their phones tomorrow...Here's to hoping a midpipe isn't $100..

Quick Reply: yosh slipon install help quick