F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Yosh RS3 on 05 F4i

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009 | 07:31 PM
|
Default Yosh RS3 on 05 F4i

Put it on tonight. Sounds a little deeper than stock with the silencer in but not much louder - very good for keeping a low profile around town. Removing the silencer produces a whole lot more sound and it never gets buzzy or peaky. I think it's a quality product and I'm glad I didn't skimp just to save $60.

Name:  IMG_2405.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  83.2 KB

Old 04-23-2009 | 10:34 PM

I have the same exhaust...how do u take out the silencer??

Old 04-24-2009 | 12:09 AM

Thanks for letting me know that a yoshi isn't loud enough---now i'm thinking 2 bros.

Old 04-24-2009 | 07:37 AM
|

Originally Posted by VTcbr
Thanks for letting me know that a yoshi isn't loud enough---now i'm thinking 2 bros.
2bros is a good exhaust too. I would have gone that way but they were much more expensive. However, like I posted, if you remove the silencer (2 allen screws) it's plenty loud. I don't know if the Two Brothers pipes include removable silencers. Good to have when you don't want to make a racket.

It's important for me because my video camera sits right above the exhaust and I don't want my bike too loud on video when I'm trying to shoot other bikes.

Old 04-24-2009 | 07:38 AM
|

Originally Posted by chetman7
I have the same exhaust...how do u take out the silencer??
Go to the back of the bike and look at the exhaust pipe exit - you'll see 2 allen head screws. Remove those and pull out the tube. It's about 6 inches long and simply reduces the exit size.

Old 04-24-2009 | 08:22 AM

Two Brothers pipes are ungodly. My buddy I ride with all the time has an '06 GSX-R 600 with a Two Bros (roughly 8" can) and it isn't even cool. All I hear is his exhaust while riding, and I have a cut down Yoshi RS-3.

Old 04-24-2009 | 08:33 AM
|

Originally Posted by terror rising
Two Brothers pipes are ungodly. My buddy I ride with all the time has an '06 GSX-R 600 with a Two Bros (roughly 8" can) and it isn't even cool. All I hear is his exhaust while riding, and I have a cut down Yoshi RS-3.
I think that's a bad comparison. You're saying the 2bros pipes are too loud, then using a cut down (by half) unit as an example - and on a different bike as well, which will sound different.

Now on the other hand, I've ridden with a few 600RRs wearing Two Bros pipes and they are very loud at even part throttle. I think part of the volume is due to the location of the exit - being under the seat puts it much higher and there's nothing deflecting the sound, it just comes straight out of the pipe.

But hey, some people just love loud pipes. I like the ability to choose between loud or calm with only 2 screws.

Old 04-24-2009 | 10:58 AM

I agree, the position of the pipe does give a you a close to ear level when a bike passes you. But when your opening the throttle, the yosh sounds very good. especially when it's broken in.

Old 04-24-2009 | 11:10 AM
|

Originally Posted by snakevenom1
I agree, the position of the pipe does give a you a close to ear level when a bike passes you. But when your opening the throttle, the yosh sounds very good. especially when it's broken in.
Thanks for that, I haven't heard the Yoshi over 5k yet as all I did was buzz around my neighborhood. I think I put a mile on it. Can't wait for it to get to the broken-in stage.

Old 04-24-2009 | 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by VTcbr
I have a yosh rs3 without the silencer and it is actually loud. When i first got my bike it came with the slip on rs3 and was annoyed by the loud exhaust but then got use to it. It sound real good at high rpms. wot....wot....

Quick Reply: Yosh RS3 on 05 F4i