F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Yosh RS-3 Louder than I want

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2005, 01:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yosh RS-3 Louder than I want

So I finally received my RS-3 Race slip-yesterday and promptly installed it right after work. Everything has been installed per the instructions, but I got to tell you, it's louder than I expected. It's the only thing I can hear when I'm riding the bike. I took off at about 11:00 PM last night and rode about five miles. I had to stop because I was afraid I'd be waking people up in my neighborhood.

Does anyone else have a similar experience? Am I the only sport bike rider that doesn't want a loud exhaust? I'd prefer a pipe that had a "respectfully muscular" tone. But I don't want to make a spectacle of myself as I'm cruising down a city street at 35 mph.

Would anyone like to purchase a once installed, only 5 miles ridden, Yosh RS-3 Stainless Slip-On for an F4i? I think I might look into a Hindle instead.

Old 09-24-2005, 03:23 PM
Default RE: Yosh RS-3 Louder than I want

What year is the bike its for? How much? I have a friend that may be interested, he has a 05 f4i.

Old 09-24-2005, 03:47 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Even though it's just used once you're still gonna take a beating trying to get any $$ back out of it. Try contacting Yoshi and see if they have a re-pack kit that'll quiet it down a tad. If you decide not to keep it give 2Bros a try -- more of a deep rumbly sound without all the tinny sound.

Old 09-24-2005, 04:41 PM

no bud, you're not the only one, that's why my exhaust will remain the same.

Old 09-24-2005, 04:50 PM

or i can trade you my 2 bros for your yoshi....its in perfect condition...dave...davenewman1212@yahoo.com

Old 09-24-2005, 08:30 PM

The Zyclone bafle is the "street" bafle and the RACE baffle is just that a RACE baffle= more power and more sound!!

Old 09-24-2005, 08:34 PM

i have the scorpion cf high mount on my my 05 silver, it sounds great. . not too loud. needed some modding to get it to fit but other than that it fit fine. it was more than likely made for the 01-03

Old 09-26-2005, 01:20 PM

Thanks for the replies.

All that I read about the Yosh is that you didn't want to get the street baffle because it sounds/performs the same as the stock pipe. Everyone seemed to say that the Yosh is relatively tame compared to others on the market, including the Two Bros, which is the most popular. So I ended up getting the race baffle.

I've gotten some more opinions and the consensus is that it isn't all that loud, at least until you roll the throttle a little. I'm not going to get all my money back out of it anyway so I guess I'll keep it for a while to see if I can get used to it. There is obviously a place where a replacement baffle could be installed. This is similar to the race pipe on my quad, so I might look into that option as well.

I have to tell you though, the Yosh pipe looks sweet, especially on the Red/Black F4i.

Old 10-30-2005, 05:52 PM

How was the installation? I just picked up the same slip on, and have the same year, model f4i as you

Quick Reply: Yosh RS-3 Louder than I want