F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Yet another undertail question... yay or nay?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 08:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yet another undertail question... yay or nay?

Hey everyone!

Im looking into getting a undertail for my bike. I have a 03 F4i silver and red and was thinking about getting this one.... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PLAST...mZ290274427759

Do any of you have this one or know anyone that does. How do you like it? How are the lights on it? I was looking at a couple other peoples posts about undertails and some were saying the LEDs sucked and it was a total pain to install it...

Any advice any of you can give me is greatly appreciated

Name:  CBR600F4i008.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  203.8 KB

Old 11-19-2008, 09:38 PM
Default RE: Yet another undertail question... yay or nay?

Thats the undertail that I got. I like the fact that the turn signals are their own wiring and not intergrated into the brake lights. It took about an hour to install it, the hardest part was cutting the battery tray and knowing how much to cut. Pretty much the only part that is needed is the battery tray, the rest of it is trash. The tail lights are really bright and can be seen a long ways away. For the most part, its a great investment, they used ABS plastics, the same plastics as your fairing are made of. When I installed the lock, there is nowhere to mount the stabilizer so I used a zip tie and secured it to the back frame bar and it works great. There are some pics of mine in my sig.

Old 11-20-2008, 10:01 AM

This is the last time I say this (besides the other current thread) but hotbodies is such an overpriced piece of **** compared to this one from idealcycle.It pisses me off everytime somebody brings up an undertail thread.

Going to try and move on now, life is just too short.

Old 11-20-2008, 10:07 AM

If i didnt have the pimpbike one ( was already installed from previous owner) id prob pick up that one! looks good imo

Old 11-20-2008, 10:16 AM

4 red/silvers in a row.

Old 11-20-2008, 10:19 AM

Strong words Strikey If you do get an undertail kit be prepared to cut up your Bike .

Old 11-20-2008, 10:49 AM

i've got one of these undertails as well. i like it. when i first installed it, i was a little upset about the lights not being bright enough so i contacted the seller and they were VERY helpful with me. they had a problem with some of their LED assymblies and i got a new set within a week.

Old 11-20-2008, 11:38 AM

ORIGINAL: John Mellencamp

Strong words Strikey If you do get an undertail kit be prepared to cut up your Bike .
I guess I should have been more clear. The hotbodies undertail has been on my bike since June. It went on just fine butits quality and price do not match upand the LED's are dimmer than an Alaskan governor.

Old 11-20-2008, 12:06 PM

Thanks everyone for the advice I think this undertail looks pretty sweet... Might just be on the Christmas list after all

ORIGINAL: Stephens

Thats the undertail that I got. I like the fact that the turn signals are their own wiring and not intergrated into the brake lights. It took about an hour to install it, the hardest part was cutting the battery tray and knowing how much to cut. Pretty much the only part that is needed is the battery tray, the rest of it is trash. The tail lights are really bright and can be seen a long ways away. For the most part, its a great investment, they used ABS plastics, the same plastics as your fairing are made of. When I installed the lock, there is nowhere to mount the stabilizer so I used a zip tie and secured it to the back frame bar and it works great. There are some pics of mine in my sig.
Ya after I posted thethread I saw your sig. The pics on their website showed that the lights were pretty bright but that doesn't necessarly mean much.Sounds like I might need to bribe someone to install it for me though haha Thanks for the info Stephens

This is the last time I say this (besides the other current thread) but hotbodies is such an overpriced piece of **** compared to this one from idealcycle.It pisses me off everytime somebody brings up an undertail thread. Going to try and move on now, life is just too short.
I'm sorry Strike... the last thing I wanted to do was **** you off LOL I promise to do more research next time

Old 11-20-2008, 12:14 PM

Hey F4igurl, if you have any more questions about this undertail or how to install it PM me. I have the link to "how to install" for it too. but i didnt use it, the only thing was wiring the tail lights to the bike itself, the colors are kinda messed up on the wires, so when you do, i will take a picture of mine and post it for you so you can see how to wire it up.

Quick Reply: Yet another undertail question... yay or nay?