F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Wrecked and totalled

Old 07-28-2010, 12:15 AM
Default Wrecked and totalled

I was on a semi "closed course" and was going around some nice turns, and I turned to look up for a friend, coming out of a turn, and when I looked back I was feet from a curbed median. I hit it doing about 70, and flew about 90 feet in the air. I had jeans, a helmet, and gloves on. But no jacket. A backpack I had on took most of the landing, and I actually landed in the grassy median before rolling onto the road.

I have some road rash on a knee, an elbow, and my lower back, and a bruise on my ankle and hand. I'm not sure how to post pictures but I am incredibly lucky. The entire bike's front end is destroyed. only thing that may be salvage-able is the front caliper.

The bike flipped end over front once, hit another section of the median, and flipped side over side, and slid about 100 feet before hopping up on a curb across the road.

The only things at first glance that are sell-able are the tank (has a couple scratches, but close to fine condition) and like the footpegs. The pipe maybe if someone needs it/wants to cut it down. And maybe the banana seat. Even the plate was destroyed.

I was just incredibly lucky, and i know the risks of not wearing all my gear, but without my helmet I'd definitely be in the hospital with a possible fracture skull, instead I was able to get up and walk away.

Old 07-28-2010, 12:26 AM

always wear your gear .. what year f4i?

Old 07-28-2010, 12:31 AM

Glad you're ok dude!

Old 07-28-2010, 12:50 AM

Thanks. It's an 05. With the candy glory red and silver, special to that year.

Old 07-28-2010, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by Zero1080 View Post
I was on a semi "closed course" and was going around some nice turns, and I turned to look up for a friend, coming out of a turn, and when I looked back I was feet from a curbed median. I hit it doing about 70, and flew about 90 feet in the air. I had jeans, a helmet, and gloves on. But no jacket. A backpack I had on took most of the landing, and I actually landed in the grassy median before rolling onto the road.

I have some road rash on a knee, an elbow, and my lower back, and a bruise on my ankle and hand. I'm not sure how to post pictures but I am incredibly lucky. The entire bike's front end is destroyed. only thing that may be salvage-able is the front caliper.

The bike flipped end over front once, hit another section of the median, and flipped side over side, and slid about 100 feet before hopping up on a curb across the road.

The only things at first glance that are sell-able are the tank (has a couple scratches, but close to fine condition) and like the footpegs. The pipe maybe if someone needs it/wants to cut it down. And maybe the banana seat. Even the plate was destroyed.

I was just incredibly lucky, and i know the risks of not wearing all my gear, but without my helmet I'd definitely be in the hospital with a possible fracture skull, instead I was able to get up and walk away.
Holy chit Zero. Glad to hear you as a human are in one pc! Live to tell the story. ride again when your ready!

Old 07-28-2010, 01:01 AM

Sorry to post in my own wreck thread so much, but I've had it up on facebook for about an hour now, and I've already got people asking for parts. What do you guys think the motor's worth? I mean, it'd be rebuilt from the ground up anyway, but what should I sell with it and for how much? Also, the exhaust, minus the scratches or the tail pipe, looks to be in good shape. I'll post a big for sale thread in the next day or two.

Old 07-28-2010, 09:19 AM

It seems the vultures on the forums here have spared you thus far. When I posted my wreck story, by the 3rd post they were asking for parts lol.

Tell me about this semi-closed course you were at, sounds fun.

Oh My God!! you weren't wearing a jacket!?!?!... just kidding haha. Glad to hear you're in one piece. Go to the doctor and tell them what happened, they'll give you some happy pills and you won't even care about the bike lol.

Old 07-28-2010, 09:26 AM

Glad your ok man... Get us some pictures!!

and what do you mean by "semi closed course"????

Old 07-28-2010, 09:31 AM

Ouch dude. How bad is the rash?

Old 07-28-2010, 09:38 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

ill help a brother out

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wrecked and totalled

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.