F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Wrecked it...

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 07:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not on that truck (or my '99 and '01 Dodge Rams).

so get them posted up!

Last edited by daniel_depetro; 03-18-2009 at 07:14 PM.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:04 PM

Good to see your alright...Like said before you need to set the suspension up to your weight...It helps A LOT and is so much more of a nice ride...My 96 Dodge Ram the gas tank starts 6" in the cab all the way to about 6" from the rear axle...It's my truck has a 42 gallon tank...

Old 03-19-2009, 12:12 AM

im am sorry to hear about the bike. glad to hear you were ok though.

hate to be a buzzerd as well. but was just wondering. how are the headlights? and would 03 headlights work on an 01 f4i?

just curious, can anyone tell me if an 02 instument panel will work on an 01 F4i?

thanks.

Old 03-19-2009, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by chumchum
im am sorry to hear about the bike. glad to hear you were ok though.

hate to be a buzzerd as well. but was just wondering. how are the headlights? and would 03 headlights work on an 01 f4i?

just curious, can anyone tell me if an 02 instument panel will work on an 01 F4i?

thanks.
'03 headlight will fit '01 just fine... '01-'03 is the exact same bike aside from minor revisions.

The headlights are in decent condition. There is a slight gash in the bottom corner but isn't really a problem. The only problem I really see is that 1 of the mounting tabs is broken. However, it is such that I don't believe it would cause any problems.

I'll have some pictures coming soon and I may be parting out here shortly.

Old 03-20-2009, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by DBEAU
'03 headlight will fit '01 just fine... '01-'03 is the exact same bike aside from minor revisions.

The headlights are in decent condition. There is a slight gash in the bottom corner but isn't really a problem. The only problem I really see is that 1 of the mounting tabs is broken. However, it is such that I don't believe it would cause any problems.

I'll have some pictures coming soon and I may be parting out here shortly.

thanks! well keep me in mind for the headlights. i am looking to get some very very soon. so i can get out on the road. so i might already have them by the time you are looking to part out. but keep me in mind : )

Old 03-22-2009, 05:37 PM

that'll buff right out

Old 03-22-2009, 05:59 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about your bike, but glad you are okay. Did you have full-coverage insurance to cut you a check?

Also, if you have your headlight tab that broke off, it can be repaired using some epoxy. Both of mine broke when I went down and just epoxy'd them back on.

Jaybird180, I weigh about 180 (5'10") and my suspension is stock. What would be a recommendation on improving my suspension if needed. I don't do ******* or the track; I am merely just a street rider/commuter when I get the time to ride.

I know that the manual states rider weight in relation to tire pressure (36 PSI for front and 42 PSI for rear) for up to 200lbs and up to maximum weight of 386lbs.

Thanks.

Old 03-22-2009, 11:00 PM

Sorry about the bike! Outch!
Are you interested in parting out?

I am glad you are okay!!

Old 03-22-2009, 11:21 PM

Yes, ill be parting out shortly

Old 03-23-2009, 02:49 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by supersnake83
Jaybird180, I weigh about 180 (5'10") and my suspension is stock. What would be a recommendation on improving my suspension if needed. I don't do ******* or the track; I am merely just a street rider/commuter when I get the time to ride.

I know that the manual states rider weight in relation to tire pressure (36 PSI for front and 42 PSI for rear) for up to 200lbs and up to maximum weight of 386lbs.

Thanks.
I wouldn't recommend that high tire pressure. But it also depends on the type of tire and the ambient temperature. Try 32/34 and adjust from there.

At 180 it depends on what you want to get from your street bike. Here, there are really bad potholes, seams, etc and I've learned to adjust my riding to suit. When I got the suspension I learned how I was picking up poor riding habits because of it. Now I can lean into a corner, pick up the throttle and actually feel my suspension moving over bumps/dips midcorner and not have it upset the chassis or rider. It's a world of difference.

For a few bucks (or free), you can have your stock suspension tuned. The first thing you want to do is set your sag. Start at 35mm and then tune rebound to get the bike to respond when pushed and balance front to rear. Most shops shouldn't charge much to do this (I've heard $30 bucks). But it is a trial /error type thing.

I'd recommend some study material. Armed with a little know-how you can get better results from your ride. Take a look at this:
https://cbrforum.com/forum/product-reviews-29/dvd-review-introduction-sportbike-suspension-dave-moss-catalyst-tuning-35479/

Quick Reply: Wrecked it...