F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Would you even consider this bike? Crash cage

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 11:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would you even consider this bike? Crash cage

Here's the scenerio...I am "looking" into purchasing my next bike even though I am 98% content with my current F4i...theres no reason even to get rid of the F4i besides sheer jealousy of the newer 07-08 600RR's...with that being said I am looking at a few...

I found one in the color I want with only 6k miles for $5000. The kid is nice and dosent seem like a stunter (too dumb) but he is a muppet when it comes to bikes. He called the bike a HONDA CBR RACE BIKE lol. Anyway, he is the 2nd owner and bought it off a dealership WITH A crash cage on it! Now heres the thing....the bike is 100% stock and is clean..you can tell its never been dropped..clean bar ends, cluth cover, fairings etc...The current owner said that the original owner (whom sold it to the dealership) originally bought it for his girlfriend and installed a crash cage bc he didnt want her to do major damage to the bike should she drop it...that and he thought it "looked" cool. Jeez..some people...anyway, I'm the type of guy, like most of you, that wouldnt even consider a bike if I thought it was ragged on or stunted so when I saw the cage i was like wtf...but then the rest of the bike looks great..so it leads me to believe that it has NOT been stunted but rather the original owner was a retard squid and the current owner is just plain dumb and bought the bike bc it looked cool..he is selling bc he cant make payments anymore...at $5000 the price is right

Ok...now your thoughts

Old 09-17-2010, 11:45 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

It probably wasnt stunted the original owner was prolly just trying to protect his investment.... personally if i didnt have a f4i (and did have a rr or something else) ide prolly have a set of race railz...

that being said easy ways to check if the bike has been down is looking at the bar ends, rear sets, pegs, stator cover.... If u dont see any wear and tear ide say ur good to go.. make sure and check the fluids too..

Old 09-17-2010, 12:02 PM
October 2011 ROTM

If its clean pick it up. If I found one in the color that I wanted with those miles and that price it would have been bought yesterday!

Old 09-17-2010, 12:49 PM

as many of you know i bought a stunt bike and it does have scratches on stator cover barends even frame

with that being said if that bike was stunted it wasnt stunted bad or thoses parts would be scratched too and my bike has ran great for me ,just from my experience i would by it

these bike are tanks and if you like the price go for it

Old 09-17-2010, 05:47 PM

Yeah +1. Buy it and POST UP SOME PICS!! Assuming all the regular stuff checks out ok.

Old 09-17-2010, 05:48 PM
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

I wouldn't have even looked at it after the guy said it was a
HONDA CBR RACE BIKE
That tells me hes an idiot and had to have screwed something internally up. Plus 2 owners and only 5000 miles, what gives?

Old 09-17-2010, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by boredandstroked
That tells me hes an idiot and had to have screwed something internally up.
I think its harder to screw something "Internally" up on these things than you might think. Unless the clutch / transmission is bad. Hell even banging it off the rev limiter isn't gonna kill it. They have rev limiters for a reason.

Old 09-17-2010, 07:27 PM

I bet it's solid. DO IT!!

Old 09-17-2010, 07:40 PM

Get on it! 5k for an 07 with only 6000 miles is a pretty good deal. Especially if it's in your color. I paid $5500 for mine with just 1200 miles. Nate's right, it's a Honda. Just make sure she gets her regular maintenance and she'll run forever. Besides, dealerships wouldn't buy stunted bikes. They'd only buy it from the first owner if it was in a decent condition where they can profit from it.

Old 09-17-2010, 08:08 PM

is the cage scratched up?

Quick Reply: Would you even consider this bike? Crash cage